Aftermarket blow off valve?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I got the dual port model. Install was all of 15 minutes. Most of that time was trying to fish out the bolt I dropped.

10mm to remove the engine cover
8mm to remove the factory valve
I re-used the factory bolts - the ones that came with it were fine thread, factory are coarse

Sounds exactly like you would expect...when you go from WOT to nothing...psssh...

It's not loud or annoying. I tried to get a video, but it was pretty hard to hear. I'll try again when I run out later today.
I guess you can adjust the loudness by selecting between 50/50 or 100% vent?
Sponsored

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
I guess you can adjust the loudness by selecting between 50/50 or 100% vent?
I did some reading actually, and I believe these guys are plug and play models and are not adjustable. So I think we either get a 50/50 with the dual port, or a factory style replacement with the plumb-back option. I may be wrong though.

**Edit, massive grammar issues. Oops. :blush:

Last edited:

Maller

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito!
I did some reading actually, and I these these plug and play models are not adjustable. So I think we either get a 50/50 with the dual port, or a factory style replacement with the plumb-back option. I may be wrong though.
Correct, there's no adjustment.

The V5 model is adjustable. The dual port is a V3, so there' no adjustment.

Newyorkyan

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon
Correct, there's no adjustment.

The V5 model is adjustable. The dual port is a V3, so there' no adjustment.
With the dual port, can you damage your engine in the long run you think? With carbon buildup and all that? Plus I also have a borla Atak axle back exhaust and I’m planning to put on mishimoto air intake when it comes out. Having all these together will that improve my overall performance and keep the engine clean?

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
With the dual port, can you damage your engine in the long run you think? With carbon buildup and all that? Plus I also have a borla Atak axle back exhaust and I’m planning to put on mishimoto air intake when it comes out. Having all these together will that improve my overall performance and keep the engine clean?
Blow off valves in general help prolong the life of your turbo by eliminating the chance of compressor surge, an option like this TurboSmart is pretty much a heavy duty replacement of what your Jeep already has. This one just vents 50% to atmosphere and isn't cheap plastic. The PCV system is separate from the blow off valve, so blow-by or potential carbon build up doesn't really relate to it. A blow off valve won't really help keep your engine clean either. And to be frank, you won't see a ton of gains with any of those listed mods without a tune.

Sponsored

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Dang, that’s awesome to hear. Pretty awesome that you can choose which option you want. I was leaning towards the plumb back option because I thought I’d get annoyed with the dual port all the time. This will be awesome to pair with the @Mishimoto intercooler pipe!
We had the same thought ;)
JL_TSBOV.jpg

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
We had the same thought ;)
JL_TSBOV.jpg
Hey Steve it looks like the recirculation part is that wedge which looks add on; so does that mean you will have a setup to use an aftermarket plumb-back valve with your pipe?

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hey Steve it looks like the recirculation part is that wedge which looks add on; so does that mean you will have a setup to use an aftermarket plumb-back valve with your pipe?
Yup! That photo is with the recirculating (plumb-back) Turbosmart valve installed. We made the flange a two-piece design because many aftermarket blow-off valves use their own recirculation horn (the piece that the tube connects to). With the two piece design you can keep the Mishimoto connection, or remove the adapter and connect the BOV directly to the pipe if it has it's own horn. The flange is a pretty standard 3-bolt flange, so in the future when more BOVs are available, our pipe should be able to fit with most of them.

Thanks!
-Steve

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Yup! That photo is with the recirculating (plumb-back) Turbosmart valve installed. We made the flange a two-piece design because many aftermarket blow-off valves use their own recirculation horn (the piece that the tube connects to). With the two piece design you can keep the Mishimoto connection, or remove the adapter and connect the BOV directly to the pipe if it has it's own horn. The flange is a pretty standard 3-bolt flange, so in the future when more BOVs are available, our pipe should be able to fit with most of them.

Thanks!
-Steve
Cool! It's interesting as in the Fiat's the BPV is right on the compressor housing and the plumb back is directly to the inlet side of the compressor. In the Jeep case they remote mounted it and the BPV has its own horn and plumbing.

With this setup of yours you give us the flexibility to use the Fiat go-fast parts and still get the plumb-back which is a nice feature.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T

Thanks!
-Steve
For this specific application, do you guys recommend one style blowoff valve over another? Plumb back vs dual port?

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
I got the dual port model. Install was all of 15 minutes. Most of that time was trying to fish out the bolt I dropped.

10mm to remove the engine cover
8mm to remove the factory valve
I re-used the factory bolts - the ones that came with it were fine thread, factory are coarse

Sounds exactly like you would expect...when you go from WOT to nothing...psssh...

It's not loud or annoying. I tried to get a video, but it was pretty hard to hear. I'll try again when I run out later today.
still need photos lol i must seeeeeeeeeeeee im a visual person lol i need photos ---- caveman like photo:headbang:
Sponsored