Aftermarket blow off valve?

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I should restate my comment. I put everything back together, ie, back to stock.
Sponsored

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
No. It came on about 10 miles after removing the hose. I put everything back together, cleared the code, and have since put another 100 miles on it with no CEL. I wasn't in a place where I could easily take it to have the code read unfortunately.
Good to know, thanks. So is it safe to say you won't be attempting this mod again? We need more guinea pigs haha

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I am over it.. LOL. I was never going to leave it modified like that, but I thought I would help with the research factor.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also of note. I was pulling an empty trailer when this happened. So there could have been something that the added load triggered.

Sponsored

jrdn.mrcd

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if an aftermarket blow off valve is going to be available for the JL 2.0? Love that bov whoosh sound :devil:

Any luck finding a blowoff valve? There’s not much info on the turbo it’s self. This was all I could find:

1F2339F8-85B6-45A0-ABF4-9DFE18746816.jpeg

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an FYI. The code I pulled is a permanent code relating to Turbo/Vent valve error. This code is stored and cannot be deleted as far as I can tell. It might disappear on it's own one day, but who knows. Just an FYI for those doing this, as it could effect your warranty.
I also have been getting the damned Evap fault code as well, but thanks to a member on here I think I know how to fix that, being that the most likely culprit is the Evap monitoring harness not being securely plugged in.

Sponsored

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I good BOV can increase the life of a turbo if the response time of the OE system is not quick enough in certain situations. Personally I would rather have a better recirculated diverter valve like I had on my EvoX made by Synapse.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I good BOV can increase the life of a turbo if the response time of the OE system is not quick enough in certain situations. Personally I would rather have a better recirculated diverter valve like I had on my EvoX made by Synapse.
You already have a BPV on the stock 2.0L. The mod listed earlier is to turn it into a BOV by venting it to atmosphere. As it's measured air it's not ok to vent it to atmosphere and it's what caused your ECU to throw the error code. That air you are "blowing off" has been measured by the mass airflow sensor (Hotwire sensor) and expected to be combusted in the engine.

A BOV has zero benefit performance wise except the boy racers like it as it makes noise.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You already have a BPV on the stock 2.0L. The mod listed earlier is to turn it into a BOV by venting it to atmosphere. As it's measured air it's not ok to vent it to atmosphere and it's what caused your ECU to throw the error code. That air you are "blowing off" has been measured by the mass airflow sensor (Hotwire sensor) and expected to be combusted in the engine.

A BOV has zero benefit performance wise except the boy racers like it as it makes noise.
I understand how the system works. The air is bypassed or vented before metering of any type is done. I don't believe that the 2.0 has a mass air sensor. A MAP sensor, yes, but not a MAF sensor.

If you know how any bypass or BOV works, response time and flow CFM's can be very beneficial to turbo performance. The quicker. I'm not saying that it adds power, but I am talking about how the turbo works. You don't wan't any back feed or back pressure slamming back against the impeller when the throttle closes, so, you have a valve that lets excess air bleed from the system. The better the valve, the more efficient this works. And the healthier and longer the turbo will last. Especially once you start reaching the maximum boost threshold.

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
I understand how the system works. The air is bypassed or vented before metering of any type is done. I don't believe that the 2.0 has a mass air sensor. A MAP sensor, yes, but not a MAF sensor.

If you know how any bypass or BOV works, response time and flow CFM's can be very beneficial to turbo performance. The quicker. I'm not saying that it adds power, but I am talking about how the turbo works. You don't wan't any back feed or back pressure slamming back against the impeller when the throttle closes, so, you have a valve that lets excess air bleed from the system. The better the valve, the more efficient this works. And the healthier and longer the turbo will last. Especially once you start reaching the maximum boost threshold.
Good point. And why is everyone so but hurt about some of us wanting the blow off valve noise? Like who cares??? You have your preference we have ours. Some of us like it. To each their own. I can’t wait till one gets released. Someone please post on this thread when it does.
Thanks.
Sponsored