Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
My bad i thought you wrote exactly that

Now put that into context with the rest of what I wrote. I was educating you on how the system controls boost, and why even when people install an intake, they will not see more power until tuned. "You" is a generalized term. smh.
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
FWIW: Even though the peak torque is ECU limited, if any of these modifications can widen the torque window it would calculate as a HP gain. Stock, peak torque is 3000-4500 RPM. If we can stretch the peak torque to 5000 RPM, it would be about 281 HP. (295*5000)/5252 = 281

Obviously the real power is in a tune though.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
FWIW: Even though the peak torque is ECU limited, if any of these modifications can widen the torque window it would calculate as a HP gain. Stock, peak torque is 3000-4500 RPM. If we can stretch the peak torque to 5000 RPM, it would be about 281 HP. (295*5000)/5252 = 281

Obviously the real power is in a tune though.

Correct, if the computer wasn't also looking at torque generated and adjusting that to keep it within the factory threshold via torque management tables. It isn't peak torque, but torque at any RPM depending on actual conditions and assumed variables.

Christate1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport PMC
Occupation
Nurse / Medical Examiner
Vehicle Showcase
I just put a plug in the hose like stated above 2k miles so far no check engine and much more sound than is in the videos above.

Last edited:

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hey guys,

Just wanted to chime in really quick since we're running the TS plumb-back valve with our intercooler pipe on our JL.

One thing that should be clarified: while you won't make more power from an aftermarket bypass valve over a functioning stock valve, you can see more consistent power and turbo spool from the TS valve. This is because the factory valve is not 100% perfect and can leak in certain conditions. This is fairly common with solenoid-driven valves like the JL and many newer turbocharged vehicles use. The TS valve will also be faster to open and close, which should improve spool. You'd be surprised how much of a difference that closing time can make in getting air back to the turbo. We noticed a significant difference in response with the TS valve installed and an overall better driving experience.

Oh, and we're not being bribed by Turbosmart or anything, it's just a good product :D

Enjoy your better spool and turbo noises everybody!

-Steve

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hey guys,

Just wanted to chime in really quick since we're running the TS plumb-back valve with our intercooler pipe on our JL.

One thing that should be clarified: while you won't make more power from an aftermarket bypass valve over a functioning stock valve, you can see more consistent power and turbo spool from the TS valve. This is because the factory valve is not 100% perfect and can leak in certain conditions. This is fairly common with solenoid-driven valves like the JL and many newer turbocharged vehicles use. The TS valve will also be faster to open and close, which should improve spool. You'd be surprised how much of a difference that closing time can make in getting air back to the turbo. We noticed a significant difference in response with the TS valve installed and an overall better driving experience.

Oh, and we're not being bribed by Turbosmart or anything, it's just a good product :D

Enjoy your better spool and turbo noises everybody!

-Steve
Can you comment on the dual port valve?
Or perhaps... even..... test them? :devil:

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Can you comment on the dual port valve?
Or perhaps... even..... test them? :devil:
The dual-port valve will likely perform somewhere between the stock valve and the plumb-back valve. You'll still get the faster open/close time and the stronger valve, so you won't be losing boost under acceleration, but you will lose some of that spool recovery time from a part of the charge air being vented to atmosphere. You might run mildly rich on shifts due to the drop in air-mass, but it probably won't be anything to worry about.

Also not sure how the dual-port gets along with the ECU. Even though the 2.0T doesn't use MAF-based fueling, it is very particular about flow and pressure, so I'm not sure if that loss of volume would be a problem. We haven't tested the dual-port, so it might be worth shooting Turbosmart an email to see what they say.

Overall, if you're going for better performance, the plumb-back is your best bet. If you want sound, the dual-port will give you some nice noises, but might not get along with the ECU in the JL.

Thanks!
-Steve

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
Question for you folks who know much more about turbos than I ... How would the upgraded blow off valve perform offroad, ie. low speed with careful throttle inputs and control? Would it help smooth things out or possibly do the opposite and make it worse? Thanks!

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Question for you folks who know much more about turbos than I ... How would the upgraded blow off valve perform offroad, ie. low speed with careful throttle inputs and control? Would it help smooth things out or possibly do the opposite and make it worse? Thanks!
Likely neither :) At crawling speed the turbo won't be producing boost, so that bypass valve won't activate. Below about 1,500 RPM, the mild hybrid system is providing most of the torque. If you do load up the engine and start making boost, you might see some benefit from the stronger valve staying closed, but you likely won't be making enough pressure to exceed the stock valve's capability.

Thanks, sorry to hijack your thread @huckleberryshin !

-Steve

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
Likely neither :) At crawling speed the turbo won't be producing boost, so that bypass valve won't activate. Below about 1,500 RPM, the mild hybrid system is providing most of the torque. If you do load up the engine and start making boost, you might see some benefit from the stronger valve staying closed, but you likely won't be making enough pressure to exceed the stock valve's capability.

Thanks, sorry to hijack your thread @huckleberryshin !

-Steve
Thanks for the insight, Steve!

This BOV and the Mishimoto intercooler pipe are both on the ol' wishlist :)

Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
installed the dual port bov - and as other have said , not getting the pssssssh sound -- no dashlights -,no codes - and of course no added power:muscle: , i can hear the whine/spooling of the turbo a little more now, but it could all be in my head . but i know for sure i didnt hear it as much before hand. its pointless to get a video because theres no sound to capture .. even with the hood open , no psssssssh.. i will give it time and see if i can get it psssssshh lolol - if not oh well - if anything its just a stronger valve, made much more strong, looks pretty, and is easy as hell to change out .. will keep yall posted if i can get it to vent.. tried everything so far and no go - shrugs shoulders ,, id say save the cash and get a robot vacum cleaner
IMG-1549.JPG
IMG-1550.JPG
IMG-1551.JPG
IMG-1552.JPG
IMG-1553.JPG
IMG-1554.JPG
IMG-1555.JPG

Newyorkyan

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon
installed the dual port bov - and as other have said , not getting the pssssssh sound -- no dashlights -,no codes - and of course no added power:muscle: , i can hear the whine/spooling of the turbo a little more now, but it could all be in my head . but i know for sure i didnt hear it as much before hand. its pointless to get a video because theres no sound to capture .. even with the hood open , no psssssssh.. i will give it time and see if i can get it psssssshh lolol - if not oh well - if anything its just a stronger valve, made much more strong, looks pretty, and is easy as hell to change out .. will keep yall posted if i can get it to vent.. tried everything so far and no go - shrugs shoulders ,, id say save the cash and get a robot vacum cleaner
IMG-1549.JPG
IMG-1550.JPG
IMG-1551.JPG
IMG-1552.JPG
IMG-1553.JPG
IMG-1554.JPG
IMG-1555.JPG
I installed mine today and definitely hear the sound. Just like in the video cj pony posted. I donā€™t know why thereā€™s two of you now that say thereā€™s no sound. In low rpms I canā€™t hear it but when I press down on the throttle I can definitely hear it while driving even after I put the engine cover back on

Newyorkyan

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon
I installed the same BOV yesterday as well and no noticeable sound. Definitely not like the video. Also while in neutral the jeep wonā€™t rev high enough to activate the psss sound. I barely notice it while driving. What I think I notice is a smoother power band.

@Newyorkyan we need a video with good sound please.
I installed the same BOV yesterday as well and no noticeable sound. Definitely not like the video. Also while in neutral the jeep wonā€™t rev high enough to activate the psss sound. I barely notice it while driving. What I think I notice is a smoother power band.

@Newyorkyan we need a video with good sound please.
I donā€™t know how to upload a video Properly it doesnā€™t let me

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
I installed mine today and definitely hear the sound. Just like in the video cj pony posted. I donā€™t know why thereā€™s two of you now that say thereā€™s no sound. In low rpms I canā€™t hear it but when I press down on the throttle I can definitely hear it while driving even after I put the engine cover back on
i cant hear it at all - no idea maybe it needs to face a certain direction or is yours mounted the same ?
strange

Newyorkyan

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon
i cant hear it at all - no idea maybe it needs to face a certain direction or is yours mounted the same ?
strange
I followed the exact instructions in the video cj off road posted. Made sure the wire was facing passenger side. I also have the pedal commander btw on sport +1. Maybe that helps a bit getting those rpms higher quicker for more boost? But either way you should still hear the swoosh when you floor it and let go at least
Sponsored