Aftermarket blow off valve?

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
It works...but I've heard it maybe 5 times in the week I've had it on...I had to deliberately try to trigger it in order to hear it....hard on the gas...hard off just before a shift...even with the engine cover off it still was not loud enough...I was hoping someone with upgraded wheels would post a clip...maybe a heavier load would cause the sound to be louder. I'm on factory suspension and tires at this point.
Weird how the CJ video could get it to blow off no problem, it sounded pretty loud too. I was personally worried about it being TOO loud. It may be just right for me. :LOL: No issues with it running weird or causing CELs though?
Sponsored

Maller

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito!
Weird how the CJ video could get it to blow off no problem, it sounded pretty loud too. I was personally worried about it being TOO loud. It may be just right for me. :LOL: No issues with it running weird or causing CELs though?
No CELs or issues...CJ video was with the hood up...they never showed the sounds with the hood down from inside the Jeep or from the road...probably a reason they avoided those sound clips.

Maller

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito!
No CELs or issues...CJ video was with the hood up...they never showed the sounds with the hood down from inside the Jeep or from the road...probably a reason they avoided those sound clips.
I do have 3 videos on my phone...just no way to post them on here and dont really feel like setting up a youtube account. I can email to someone if they want the videos.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
I do have 3 videos on my phone...just no way to post them on here and dont really feel like setting up a youtube account. I can email to someone if they want the videos.
Eh, it could have been laziness. They did the same thing with their Borla S-Type axle-back review/install. They only did a couple revs inside with no drive by or interior shot while driving. I'll PM you my email, send them over!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
CJ video had the hood open, the hood insulation in these JL insulate noise surprisingly well.
And let’s not forget the acoustic windshield as well.

Sponsored

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
CJ video had the hood open, the hood insulation in these JL insulate noise surprisingly well.
And let’s not forget the acoustic windshield as well.
Acoustic windshield, my ass. I still hear road noise and wind noise like its nobody's business LOL. I guess if the valve isn't too loud to begin with that insulation would really cut it down though. I'm just surprised, I hear engine noise clear as day in my Jeep, even with the hardtop.

Aspaztikcolon

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Like Maller says it's super quiet with the hood down. I don't know if you can tell in the video but it's venting while RPMs are rising. Turbosmart told me it does it whenever my ecm tells it to. But why would the ecm tell it to vent when boat is still theoretically being used. Seems like a BS reply from yet another company blaming MY jeep for THEIR shit product

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Like Maller says it's super quiet with the hood down. I don't know if you can tell in the video but it's venting while RPMs are rising. Turbosmart told me it does it whenever my ecm tells it to. But why would the ecm tell it to vent when boat is still theoretically being used. Seems like a BS reply from yet another company blaming MY jeep for THEIR shit product
They are correct. The ECM uses the BOV to control boost pressure to the manifold. This is different and gives them more control over boost pressures than a vacuum actuated BOV. Until this is tuned to allow more boost, you won't see any more power. Even with an intake (CAI or otherwise).No matter what intake you put on, the only power you will be seeing is placebo.. and more sound. The only thing an intake will do is possibly allow the turbo to draw in air more efficiently and allow the WG to bleed more exhaust, thus allowing the turbo to make the same boost at a lower RPM.

Yes,

I used to tune, and still own my own dynojet.

Aspaztikcolon

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
They are correct. The ECM uses the BOV to control boost pressure to the manifold. This is different and gives them more control over boost pressures than a vacuum actuated BOV. Until this is tuned to allow more boost, you won't see any more power. Even with an intake (CAI or otherwise).No matter what intake you put on, the only power you will be seeing is placebo.. and more sound. The only thing an intake will do is possibly allow the turbo to draw in air more efficiently and allow the WG to bleed more exhaust, thus allowing the turbo to make the same boost at a lower RPM.

Yes,

I used to tune, and still own my own dynojet.
I wasnt looking for more power. I was looking for the BOV venting when RPMs and boost wasn't needed anymore

Sponsored

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I wasnt looking for more power. I was looking for the BOV venting when RPMs and boost wasn't needed anymore
I never assumed you were looking for more power. I was giving you the answer to why it was bleeding off when you thought that it shouldn't.