Sponsored

Aftermarket Auxiliary Switches ‘18 JLU

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have any information on how to add an aftermarket bank of auxiliary switches to a JLU?
Sponsored

NSEWestman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jdkfikeka
Does anyone have any information on how to add an aftermarket bank of auxiliary switches to a JLU?
I also would love to know this. I want off road lights and a CB since I hunt and want to get into running some trails. Most info I've found recommends ripping out fenders. I was hoping to find a grommet! But I guess if it was that easy, my local stealership wouldn't be charging an arm and leg... Or maybe they, would...IDK about those guys :LOL:
I'm no stranger to wiring cars or electronics or electrical work. What I'm not good at is ripping apart body panels. I just know from experience that sometimes, once you rip it apart plastic panels and such, they don't always go back together the way they were. I've seen most vid's say to rip out the fender wells

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I also would love to know this. I want off road lights and a CB since I hunt and want to get into running some trails. Most info I've found recommends ripping out fenders. I was hoping to find a grommet! But I guess if it was that easy, my local stealership wouldn't be charging an arm and leg... Or maybe they, would...IDK about those guys :LOL:
I'm no stranger to wiring cars or electronics or electrical work. What I'm not good at is ripping apart body panels. I just know from experience that sometimes, once you rip it apart plastic panels and such, they don't always go back together the way they were. I've seen most vid's say to rip out the fender wells
I think "rip out the fender wells" is a bit over dramatic. I'm assuming this information you are seeing is to allow better access to run wires? On a lot of vehicles removing fender wells is a chore, but on the JL it takes less than 5 minutes to remove the whole fender flare and inner liner and there is no damage done to any plastic parts, pins or clips. And yes, they snap right back on and there are no pins to buy. Remove four bolts, pop off the fender flare, unplug the wire harness and you have all kinds of access. What ever you do don't remove the little plastic rivets around the outside for the fender flare.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I think "rip out the fender wells" is a bit over dramatic. I'm assuming this information you are seeing is to allow better access to run wires? On a lot of vehicles removing fender wells is a chore, but on the JL it takes less than 5 minutes to remove the whole fender flare and inner liner and there is no damage done to any plastic parts, pins or clips. And yes, they snap right back on and there are no pins to buy. Remove four bolts, pop off the fender flare, unplug the wire harness and you have all kinds of access. What ever you do don't remove the little plastic rivets around the outside for the fender flare.

I LOVE YOU :). seriously. I was all set to buy a RIVET installer tool and Rivets in anticipation for my Aux Switch bank install. This is 100000x easier to do so I can run the AUX switch bank wire through.

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I usually build my own switch panels and wiring, but have been looking this switch system. It has a wireless head unit and it's made for overhead mounting on the JL (I'd rather not loose the cubby as there so little storage). Turns out the switch panel is wireless but battery powered which I don't like, but you can also hard wire to the ignition so the wireless function still works without the battery.

http://triggercontroller.com/jeep-kits.html

Here's a decent video of the install:

Sponsored