1. JSFoster75

JSFoster75 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara x2
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Does anyone have any information on how to add an aftermarket bank of auxiliary switches to a JLU?

2. NSEWestman

NSEWestman New Member

First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2017 Subaru Crosstrek
    Liked:
    I also would love to know this. I want off road lights and a CB since I hunt and want to get into running some trails. Most info I've found recommends ripping out fenders. I was hoping to find a grommet! But I guess if it was that easy, my local stealership wouldn't be charging an arm and leg... Or maybe they, would...IDK about those guys :LOL:
    I'm no stranger to wiring cars or electronics or electrical work. What I'm not good at is ripping apart body panels. I just know from experience that sometimes, once you rip it apart plastic panels and such, they don't always go back together the way they were. I've seen most vid's say to rip out the fender wells

3. Arrowhead

Arrowhead Well-Known Member

First Name:
    George
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Wrangler JL Sport
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I think "rip out the fender wells" is a bit over dramatic. I'm assuming this information you are seeing is to allow better access to run wires? On a lot of vehicles removing fender wells is a chore, but on the JL it takes less than 5 minutes to remove the whole fender flare and inner liner and there is no damage done to any plastic parts, pins or clips. And yes, they snap right back on and there are no pins to buy. Remove four bolts, pop off the fender flare, unplug the wire harness and you have all kinds of access. What ever you do don't remove the little plastic rivets around the outside for the fender flare.

JSFoster75 and NSEWestman like this.
  4. RubenZ

RubenZ Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ruben
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Sport Sting-Gray
    Liked:
    I LOVE YOU :). seriously. I was all set to buy a RIVET installer tool and Rivets in anticipation for my Aux Switch bank install. This is 100000x easier to do so I can run the AUX switch bank wire through.

5. Silverblkrilla

Silverblkrilla Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    JLU Sport S
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
  6. Arrowhead

Arrowhead Well-Known Member

First Name:
    George
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Wrangler JL Sport
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I usually build my own switch panels and wiring, but have been looking this switch system. It has a wireless head unit and it's made for overhead mounting on the JL (I'd rather not loose the cubby as there so little storage). Turns out the switch panel is wireless but battery powered which I don't like, but you can also hard wire to the ignition so the wireless function still works without the battery.

http://triggercontroller.com/jeep-kits.html

Here's a decent video of the install:

JSFoster75 and Kripas like this.