Sponsored

Aftermarket AUX switches. Spod, Switchpros, or Voswitch. Which to choose?

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Looking to add some more aux switches beyond the factory ones. I thought I was set on getting the Switchpros and using their grab handle mount because I like how nice and tight it fits up against the dash and doesn't get in the way of the vent. It appears that any unused circuits will leave a loose wire hanging from the distribution block under the hood.
Then I came across the Spod and really like the touchscreen and the fact they apparently have a bracket for the Ecodiesel. Switchpros does not offer an Ecodiesel bracket yet. I would have to use a ball mount and arm with the Spod and I'm afraid it will impede the vent opening and just plain stick out too far although if Spod is a better product, I can over look it.
Then there is Voswitch which is so cheap, I wonder about the quality and manufacturers origin. The backlighting is only one of four colors unlike Switchpros where you can program it to match the dash if you want.

So now I'm leaning toward the Spod. To those that are using any of the three brands listed, What are your thoughts or what have you learned along the way if you chose one over the others. Are there any other brands out there that I don't know of yet? Pros and cons? I wonder if I can use the Switchpros grab handle bracket with the Spod touchscreen without too much trouble. TIA

edit: I have the Sky One Touch top so overhead switches are a nogo.

https://www.4x4spod.com/bantamx_touchscreen_jl_jt

https://store.switchpros.com/sp-9100-switch-panel-power-system/

http://www.voswitch.com/JL100-switch-Control-System-for-Jeep-JL-and-Gladiator-p1281852.html
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sydwaiz

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
What about S-Tech and using their overhead switches?

https://stechswitch.com/product/stech-6-switch-systems/

They are on my shortlist for switches, I read a few threads and people mentioned them. Unfortunately, not sure I can answer any technical questions on them but might be worth checking out
I should have mentioned that I have the Sky One Touch top so overhead switches are out. Thanks. I'll edit my post to add that info. I'll take a look at their other offerings though.

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have the switch pros mount and installed it myself, was very easy (pics in my rig showcase). I liked not needing fuses and the trigger wires. Check the total price to have the blue tooth and mount, the spod can be over 1000 for 8 switches.

JRostek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I should have mentioned that I have the Sky One Touch top so overhead switches are out. Thanks. I'll edit my post to add that info. I'll take a look at their other offerings though.
Well there went that idea. Hopefully, someone with way more experience can help!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sydwaiz

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
I have the switch pros mount and installed it myself, was very easy (pics in my rig showcase). I liked not needing fuses and the trigger wires. Check the total price to have the blue tooth and mount, the spod can be over 1000 for 8 switches.
Yeah, the price of the Spod with touchscreen is a bit shocking compared to everything else out there. On your Switchpros, did you use all 8 switches right away? If not, how long are the leads that come off the distribution box and where did you hide them? Not a lot of room in the diesel engine compartment so I'm trying to figure out the best mounting options since the Switchpros bracket doesn't work for me.

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the price of the Spod with touchscreen is a bit shocking compared to everything else out there. On your Switchpros, did you use all 8 switches right away? If not, how long are the leads that come off the distribution box and where did you hide them? Not a lot of room in the diesel engine compartment so I'm trying to figure out the best mounting options since the Switchpros bracket doesn't work for me.
I am only using 4 right now so I do have some extra wires, in the picture you can see the bundle of wires wrapped in the black split tubing - it starts going up to the left then between the battery and PDU, you can see the end of it - highlighted for easy viewing. Not sure how different the diesel battery setup is but I would say the install was very clean - no relays and fuse boxes.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket AUX switches. Spod, Switchpros, or Voswitch. Which to choose? 20201216_110733-highlight
Sponsored