Aftermarket Amplifier and Audio install
So i just completed the install of my aftermarket audio upgrade using the factory 5” uconnect radio in my Wrangler JL and it sounds amazing. The bass even lifts my wipers. I have to say thanks to the original thread post for some very helpful info.
Here is a list of things i used to complete the install successfully.
- Axxess ax-dsp-ch5 harness ( this is so I wouldn’t have to cut into the factory harness and i can also go back to the factory setup plug and play)
- four 47ohm 5w ceramic resistors
- speedwire 9 conductor 18awg cable (used from radio side of the harness to the line out converter and used from the speaker side of the harness to the four channel amplifier)
- 0/1 gauge Power and Ground cables ( went thru the passengers grommet under the glove box to the battery)
- 3250 Watts RMS @ 1ohm amp for Sub
- 400 Watts RMS @ 4ohm 4 channel amp to the speakers
- AudioControl LC7i line out converter and ACR1 remote control
**Amp and LOC are placed in the rear floor storage bin.
**Also planning to add a audio battery in the rear to support the system.
**I use the positive side of the front cigarette lighter as a remote turn on. (Do not use signal sensing or GTO feature from LC7i as remote turn on as it will cause your equipment to stay on all night and drain your batteries)
Please See : this original thread by Sting_NC_USA for more detailed information about installation process
( https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/adding-an-aftermarket-amp-s.6568/ )
Update 07-06-20: i got rid of the lc7i and replaced it with the JL Fix86. Night and day difference in sound quality and confirgurability.
View attachment 73665
View attachment 73666
0 bytes Views: 0
0 bytes Views: 0