Sponsored

Aftermarket 392 Driveshaft Measurements?

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Tried placing an order with Adams but they were pretty insistent on installing the lift first and then getting measurements. Kind of annoying as I was trying to install everything at once but I get their logic. They said they’d made them for 392 Wranglers but couldn’t give me any measurements to go off unless I gave them direct customer names, which I don’t have.

So with that said, who all has installed driveshafts on their 392s and what measurements did you use when ordering? I’ll be installing my MC 3.5” GC next week🤞 If I have to wait to order them until I throw the lift on I can but I won’t be able to really flex it out and address trimming until I’ve got the driveshafts installed.
Sponsored

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
Your jeep will still drive with a factory drive shaft on it.

At full flex however it could drift into the fuel tank or it could have very little engagement on the slip joint(or w/e its called) and strip out.

so I would say just install and then order the correct length. Using someone else's numbers will subject you to their measuring error.(but you would probably be fine)

Philip

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392 x2
Occupation
IT Strategy Consultant
I replaced both driveshafts when I did my evo coilovers. Had them custom made once the lift was installed and we could measure the droop. My shop was able to get every inch of travel… but you should be prepared to get some custom parts fabricated and do some trimming 😁

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I just swapped my 3.5” MC lift from my 19 JLUR to my 21 R392 and used the same Tom Woods drivelines I had on the 19. Everything seems to me working fine.

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Tried placing an order with Adams but they were pretty insistent on installing the lift first and then getting measurements. Kind of annoying as I was trying to install everything at once but I get their logic. They said they’d made them for 392 Wranglers but couldn’t give me any measurements to go off unless I gave them direct customer names, which I don’t have.

So with that said, who all has installed driveshafts on their 392s and what measurements did you use when ordering? I’ll be installing my MC 3.5” GC next week🤞 If I have to wait to order them until I throw the lift on I can but I won’t be able to really flex it out and address trimming until I’ve got the driveshafts installed.
It is the front DS you need to replace as the OEM DS will contact the exhaust at full flex with the MC 3.5 lift (I suffered thru this and it bent the yoke pretty good). I have had zero issues with OEM rear DS even though I have the Adams 1350 rear DS ready to install if needed.

That said, there was no difference in measurement pre and post install. Measurements pre and post lift on the front flange to flange 37.5".

BTW, I ordered my Adams DS pre lift. No issue. If you are going from the equivalent of sport suspension to a 3.5" lift, might matter more. It was 37.5" pre and post lift.

OP
OP
MSparks909

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Ordered Adams driveshafts this morning. 1350 Extreme’s F/R. Driveshaft measurements for me were 37.75” front and 45” rear.
Sponsored