Bpolardawg

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy sport 4x4
Clubs

So I installed the Corbeau heated seats in my 2022 Unlimited Willy’s Sport. This was an easy install but now what can I do with the old airbags from the old seats? If I remove them the light stays on if I clip them in they are a hazard as they won’t go into the seat. I don’t want to disable all the other airbags. Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Deal with the light.

phageghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bpolardawg

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy sport 4x4
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL After-market seats don’t need the airbag IMG_5335

Attached are pics of the install. Airbags removed and there is a picture of the emulator I used to replace airbag.
also in the pictures are the 1 1/2” jacker I used to lean the seat back. In the center console, next to the hand brake you should be able to seat where I mounted the seat heater controls. Total time minus trouble shooting the air bags and emulators was 3.5 hours includes removing old seat and installing new and hot wire and ground for heat seat controller

IMG_5328.jpeg

IMG_5329.jpeg

IMG_5330.jpeg

IMG_5331.jpeg

IMG_5332.jpeg

IMG_5333.jpeg

IMG_5334.jpeg

IMG_5335.jpeg

JPXR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 JLUW XR 2.0T, ‘23 JLU 4xe Sahara
Occupation
IT
Do these seats give slightly more rear passenger leg room? In another way to ask, are the backs thinner?

OP
OP

Bpolardawg

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy sport 4x4
Clubs

Yes there is almost 2 inches of extra backseat space by tape measure. Not sure that would relate to exactly 2 inches of true space

Sponsored

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So I installed the Corbeau heated seats in my 2022 Unlimited Willy’s Sport. This was an easy install but now what can I do with the old airbags from the old seats? If I remove them the light stays on if I clip them in they are a hazard as they won’t go into the seat. I don’t want to disable all the other airbags. Anyone have any ideas?

We are looking to install some Scheel Mann seats in our Gladiator. Would like to know the process you went through on the JL to rudyourself of airbag lights.

OP
OP

Bpolardawg

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy sport 4x4
Clubs

Order airbag emulator from eBay. Once you receive them. Unbolt factory seats and tilt back. Unplug all connections. Remove factory seats from vehicle. Remove from under the seat the wiring and connections. Do not remove the yellow plug from seat as this is the airbag.
You will need to remove the pressure sensor pad and install in some fashion back in your vehicle. Connect the emulator as per directions and then connect all other connections from the factory seat to the vehicle wiring harness. The seat belt plug may be your only caveat to this depending on your seat connections. Install your new seat according to factory directions.

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Order airbag emulator from eBay. Once you receive them. Unbolt factory seats and tilt back. Unplug all connections. Remove factory seats from vehicle. Remove from under the seat the wiring and connections. Do not remove the yellow plug from seat as this is the airbag.
You will need to remove the pressure sensor pad and install in some fashion back in your vehicle. Connect the emulator as per directions and then connect all other connections from the factory seat to the vehicle wiring harness. The seat belt plug may be your only caveat to this depending on your seat connections. Install your new seat according to factory directions.
What did you do with pressure sensor pad
Sponsored