After market parts to reduce cleaning effort

Muddledmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU 2021 4xe
Took our new JLU 4xe to an ORV park for the first time last weekend. Had a blast! Left roof off and got filthy! In general I don't mind cleaning it, but it did take longer to clean that we spent driving. Of course I need to just drive for longer to correct that imbalance, but I am curious about any ideas or after market items that can reduce the amount of mud that gets in those hard to reach places. Any ideas?

20210620_115223.jpg

20210620_131758.jpg

20210620_132105.jpg
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I just ordered the Armorlite floor for front and back. I haven’t gotten it yet, but logic dictates that a solid surface will make cleaning mud and dirt on the floor easier than cleaning carpet.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Took our new JLU 4xe to an ORV park for the first time last weekend. Had a blast! Left roof off and got filthy! In general I don't mind cleaning it, but it did take longer to clean that we spent driving. Of course I need to just drive for longer to correct that imbalance, but I am curious about any ideas or after market items that can reduce the amount of mud that gets in those hard to reach places. Any ideas?

Jeep Wrangler JL After market parts to reduce cleaning effort 20210620_132105

damn....that last picture is causing me to twitch. That would drive me crazy. I'm all for a beater vehicle to mud and play with.....but a new one that's a DD would drive me crazy. (I promise - no judgement on you here....just my experience).

BTW - slightly off topic, where did ya go? (seeing as you're in MI)

OP
OP
Muddledmike

Muddledmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU 2021 4xe
damn....that last picture is causing me to twitch. That would drive me crazy. I'm all for a beater vehicle to mud and play with.....but a new one that's a DD would drive me crazy. (I promise - no judgement on you here....just my experience).

BTW - slightly off topic, where did ya go? (seeing as you're in MI)
3 year lease and a great price. Figured I would push it a bit to see if I buy it or buy an older one when the lease is done. Was talking to some of the product and manufacturing engineers at FCA, they promised me it'll be OK!

We went to Holly Oaks ORV Park. They opened during COVID I think.

Sponsored

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Seat covers is pretty much all I can think of as far as aftermarket stuff. For the center console you could cut a small hole in a towel for the shifter and drape it over. You’d still be able to shift and use the cup holders and it would keep the mud and dust off of it all.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
And now you know why I rarely go around topless anymore.
It's fun, it's cool, but the reality ultimately does not match the mental conception.

When I had my YJ I'd just drive it through a river as a parting rinse. But I hesitate to do that sort of thing with my JL.

OP
OP
Muddledmike

Muddledmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU 2021 4xe
And now you know why I rarely go around topless anymore.
It's fun, it's cool, but the reality ultimately does not match the mental conception.

When I had my YJ I'd just drive it through a river as a parting rinse. But I hesitate to do that sort of thing with my JL.
Yeah, I think next time out the roof will go back on. However, with the roof off in EV mode, it's really nice!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I like to be doorless and topless Offroad.

here is my formula:

- all weather mats
- close all the vents
- fold down the rear seat
- have seat covers (i have Bartact)
- Put blankets over the rear seats
- tonneau cover over the back (i have Rampage)

does that keep it clean? No. But it helps.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
put baby oil in a spray bottle to pretreat the fender well and underside for easier cleaning. We used to do it on atv’s and it really helped with the sticky stuff.
Sponsored