After market cold air intake

USMC0311

First Name
Oslo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU diesel Rubicon
I didn't get the optional cold air Intake when I ordered my JLURD, now I want it with a tuned exhaust.

Seems to me if its a factory option you should be able to order from Mopar, nope. No 2 1/2" exhaust systems from the cat back, either.

Anyone have a lead on one? How about a muffler shop running 2 1/2" tubing and an after market muffler back from the catalytic converter?
Sponsored

Last edited:

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Are you looking to add power or noise?
Of you want power, get ECU tune from Livernois. Most power gain for $.
If looking primarily for noise, intake and exhaust will do it. Expect to maybe gain total of 10whp at the top of rpms with them both combined and nothing low to mid.

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
S&B is using mine to develop an intake. It won’t be out for a while. aFe is almost done with their testing and they said it will be out in the next few months.

64C3D60E-FEB5-4E91-BCC2-7C2E8D14FE4C.jpeg

Sponsored

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
S&B is using mine to develop an intake. It won’t be out for a while. aFe is almost done with their testing and they said it will be out in the next few months.

Jeep Wrangler JL After market cold air intake 64C3D60E-FEB5-4E91-BCC2-7C2E8D14FE4C
Are they going to make it compatible with their JL functional hood scoops that they offer for the gas engines? I hope they do.

OP
OP
USMC0311

USMC0311

First Name
Oslo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU diesel Rubicon
Are you looking to add power or noise?
Of you want power, get ECU tune from Livernois. Most power gain for $.
If looking primarily for noise, intake and exhaust will do it. Expect to maybe gain total of 10whp at the top of rpms with them both combined and nothing low to mid.
Increase in horsepower, torque, and make it sound like a diesel engine. I had a guy next to me start up his VW Jetta diesel, it was embarrassing.

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Are they going to make it compatible with their JL functional hood scoops that they offer for the gas engines? I hope they do.
at some point they might, but I doubt it. The intake is on the opposite side from the 3.6. My hood vents are already opened up... so between the intake and hood vents opened, the sound should be better

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Increase in horsepower, torque, and make it sound like a diesel engine. I had a guy next to me start up his VW Jetta diesel, it was embarrassing.
My new 6.7L Scorpion diesel pales in comparison to the cacophony that is emitted from my wifes 3.0L Wrangler.

Neither can touch my old 5.9L Cummins, but the 3.0 does sound like a diesel if you compare it to other new diesels.

But I do get what you’re wanting.

Sponsored

OP
OP
USMC0311

USMC0311

First Name
Oslo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU diesel Rubicon
My new 6.7L Scorpion diesel pales in comparison to the cacophony that is emitted from my wifes 3.0L Wrangler.

Neither can touch my old 5.9L Cummins, but the 3.0 does sound like a diesel if you compare it to other new diesels.

Yep, loved my 98 Ram 2500 diesel!

OP
OP
USMC0311

USMC0311

First Name
Oslo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU diesel Rubicon

Yesterday I was standing next to the JLURD when my wife started it, now it sounds like a diesel, guess it just needs to blow out the girlie stuff or something, has about 800 miles on it.
Sponsored