Sponsored

After lift what's your front sway bar position?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the rock krawler no limits sway bar links.......they’re designed specifically for the rubis elec disco. They have 60 degrees of misalignment at each end where the Mopar link only pivots slightly on the top of the link. I reached out to Brett a forum member that specializes in MC lifts, and rock krawler when I installed my lift , they both said 7 to 10 degrees up is where it should be .....:)

ECB16927-6F44-4932-A87A-BB19E7ED4F1F.jpeg
A81A0357-3C55-4021-AA4A-B1558D7E7C14.jpeg
Ahhh, OK I understand what you mean now. Basically that ball and socket is the trick allowing more movement. I need to go take a measurement but man my sway bar is up there. Are there any disadvantages with a sway bar being up like that? These are the links that came with the 3.5" Teraflex kit.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ahhh, OK I understand what you mean now. Basically that ball and socket is the trick allowing more movement. I need to go take a measurement but man my sway bar is up there. Are there any disadvantages with a sway bar being up like that? These are the links that came with the 3.5" Teraflex kit.
I don’t know that it will hurt anything but I think the on road ride would be better if they were parallel or slightly up, 5-10 degrees, from what I’ve been reading. You could test that theory though if you end up getting adjustable or shorter ones.

OP
OP
Jimmy_jak

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Why so many bump stops? Seems like you might be losing some travel, unless your tires are bigger than whats in your sig.
Yeah my install guy just tossed them all on. I'm going down to two.

dsievert66

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Technology and Analytics
I'm curious if you found out anything further about what sounds like too long end links. My sway bars on front and back are pointing almost as high as they go. I don't have adjustable and was wondering if that impacts ride quality (adds sway and body roll or...). I've noticed since I've lifted the jeep that it sways more just going straight with changes in the road contour.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious if you found out anything further about what sounds like too long end links. My sway bars on front and back are pointing almost as high as they go. I don't have adjustable and was wondering if that impacts ride quality (adds sway and body roll or...). I've noticed since I've lifted the jeep that it sways more just going straight with changes in the road contour.
I had to look back and see what the heck I was posting about it's been so long... lol. We've been running the Jeeps and wheeling the heck out of them hard with the sway bars like I mention and have had zero issues. While I think everyone agrees that about 5+ degrees above horizontal is ideal there is no issue with going well above that from what I have seen.

How much lift did you put on?
Did you upgrade steering components? If so which ones?
What size tire are you running? What PSI in those tires?

Could you post a pic of your sway bar?

All of those things I just mentioned have impacts on how a Jeep tracks and handles.
Sponsored