Sponsored

After lift what's your front sway bar position?

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Is your front sway bar flat, even with ground? Is it at a steep angle? What is best?
Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
with the 2.5 metalcloak lift I would think yours is pointing up some. From what I have read Metalcloak 2.5 and 3.5 lifts are the exact same components except for springs and the length of the sway bar links is based on the 3.5" lift.

OP
OP
Jimmy_jak

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
with the 2.5 metalcloak lift I would think yours is pointing up some. From what I have read Metalcloak 2.5 and 3.5 lifts are the exact same components except for springs and the length of the sway bar links is based on the 3.5" lift.
It is which is why i ask. Thanks.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I've been wondering this... is there anything limited if the sway bar is pointed down (mopar 2") when the sway bar is disconnected? I've noticed a lot of pics on the forum and insta and have noticed many people have their sway bar links pointing up at ride height. Is it worth investing in longer sway bar links for any reason?

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've been wondering this... is there anything limited if the sway bar is pointed down (mopar 2") when the sway bar is disconnected? I've noticed a lot of pics on the forum and insta and have noticed many people have their sway bar links pointing up at ride height. Is it worth investing in longer sway bar links for any reason?
For the electronic sway bar on the rubicon the end links that come with the Mopar lift will bind and stop your sway bar from its full misalignment. I got the rk no limits end links , they are made specially for the electronic disconnect. They allow up to 60 degrees of misalignment. But with a couple of wrenches, you can always disconnect the regular way too......:)

12A18474-E301-4D8E-813C-527F11328C2D.jpeg

Last edited:

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’m pretty sure you don’t want it pointing down at ride height. You risk having the sway bar flip at full articulation

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Mine is almost parallel with the ground. Slightly pointing up. With mopar lift. The mopar sway bar end link are just like factory ones where the ends pivot vs a thru bolt where it wouldn’t pivot so I find it hard to believe they wouldn’t be okay. Maybe not.

65FD0D2D-BD16-4915-865F-3E06594EDC2B.jpeg

OP
OP
Jimmy_jak

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
This where mine are and I'm pretty sure it's right. But I am curious if that's the case. Rides just fine.

20200117_045817.jpg

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is almost parallel with the ground. Slightly pointing up. With mopar lift. The mopar sway bar end link are just like factory ones where the ends pivot vs a thru bolt where it wouldn’t pivot so I find it hard to believe they wouldn’t be okay. Maybe not.

65FD0D2D-BD16-4915-865F-3E06594EDC2B.jpeg
Yeah they’ll work fine, I just wanted to get the full potential of the elect sway bar. It will flex quite a bit more than the Mopar links will let it even with Mopar lift springs. I switched to rk no limits when I was still on the Mopar lift. Made a significant difference.......:)

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
This where mine are and I'm pretty sure it's right. But I am curious if that's the case. Rides just fine.

20200117_045817.jpg
Looks like you are running the Metalcloak discos. How do you like them? We have a 3.5" Teraflex lift and those links seem to be a one size fits all. They simply say 12" on the website whereas every other manufacturer tells you what lift their link will cover. How do you like them so far? Quality?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah they’ll work fine, I just wanted to get the full potential of the elect sway bar. It will flex quite a bit more than the Mopar links will let it even with Mopar lift springs. I switched to rk no limits when I was still on the Mopar lift. Made a significant difference.......:)
Currently on my Rubi I have the 3.5" Teraflex lift with their sway bar links. WOW, they REALLY pitch the swaybar up way past horizontal. PO never had any problems and did some very serious rock crawling with it but it looks really odd to me since I was always told the sway bar should be around 4 degrees above horizontal.
Are there any advantages/disadvantages to the swaybar being pitched so high?
I also have read of multiple people going to manual discos on the Rubi since the electric disco doesn't give full articulation. You hint at changing your links to get the most out of the electric disco. Can you please elaborate about what you are doing to get the most out of it?

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara

20200117_045817.jpg

Why so many bump stops? Seems like you might be losing some travel, unless your tires are bigger than whats in your sig.
Sponsored