Sponsored

After impatiently waiting for flat fenders, I bit the bullet and ordered the eBay special $330 set

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Did you already trim the rear inner liners? Looks factory!
Do the fronts look like they can be manipulated to work as well?
I did a preliminary cut on the rear so I can drive it today while I wait for the fenders to show up.

I didn't want to pull all the push pins on the rear fenders to completely remove them. The fronts, however, will be a little more difficult. As there aren't any attachment points on the inside section. They are solely attached to the fender itself. The fronts will probably require some zip ties and a handful of holes punched in.

I plan trimming the excess liner and using a heat gun to fold the outter lip between the new mounted fenders and the body. Sandwich that edge in, so to speak.

Not sure if it'll work.
Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
So it will bolt to the body using new clips and screws or else zipties like you said, and then those tabs sticking out will kind of support it? 3M tape on those maybe? Is that the plan?

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
So it will bolt to the body using new clips and screws or else zipties like you said, and then those tabs sticking out will kind of support it? 3M tape on those maybe? Is that the plan?
I'm going to have to see how the flat fenders bolt up.

But yeah, something like that. Hard to tell without having the fenders here yet.

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
They went on easy, considering there's no instructions. The rears require these little tap-in bolts because there is no access to the backside of the holes in the rear fenders. They worked.

The quality of these is decent, but not perfect. The powder coat is fair. The workmanship is maybe an 80%. Edges aren't perfectly cut.

I gave up on trying to use the original inner fenders. The rear fenders are doable. The fronts, however, aren't usable as they will leave fairly large gaps that will make it a cosmetic nightmare. But you could use them and cover up most of the innards.

I am running them naked for now. Going to order some legitimate inner fender liners.

IMG_20180907_153334.jpg

IMG_20180907_153346.jpg

IMG_20180907_153313.jpg

IMG_20180907_153316.jpg

IMG_20180907_153248.jpg

IMG_20180907_153354.jpg

IMG_20180907_153256.jpg

IMG_20180907_153302.jpg

IMG_20180907_153309.jpg

Sponsored

Scott from NC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A mom Van, researching our next Wrangler
Holy hell there is like zero coverage for tire. It also looks like the flare sits lower than the rubicon fender in the front
it looks to me like the bottom of this front fender flare is the same as rhe bottom of a stock rubi flare, there is just less meat to it so the top is not as full.

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Holy hell there is like zero coverage for tire. It also looks like the flare sits lower than the rubicon fender in the front
That's the point, I don't want massive fenders. Lol

And no, they have the best clearance you can possibly get. My Rubi fenders stuck
There's definitely a bit more clearance than the stock rubi fenders. Nowhere near as thick.

My issue was rubbing on the outside edge of the rubi flares, as the outside hangs down even further than the inside area. My wheel offset is rather far out, which causes this.

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I ordered the Artec front and rear inner fenders. Hope to get them next week.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS

Sponsored

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Dynamite!!! They look great!! Are you the first then?!?! :clap:

I would say if you keep 'em, maybe pull 'em off and plasti-dip texture or else maybe rhino line the exposed edges/pinch welds to make it a more seamless flow of black. I also found this stuff which may be good, and would be a lot less permanent: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product...sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2ESK4FX211VQ5
I intent on plasti-dipping the red seems. Waiting for my artec inner fender liners to see what is actually exposed first.

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I received my Artec "freedom" liners on Saturday. I decided to stick with the factory fenders for now, but I am kind of regretting it due to all the exposed white(body color) underneath. I like how those fenders seem to cover most of the exposed red(Especially once you add the liners.)
I bent those two mounting tabs on the front nearly vertical on my "chopped" Rubicon fenders. It gives them just a little extra support and doesn't make them stand out nearly as much. I may go in there with some plasti dip or bedliner spray once I get everything mounted and see how much body color is still exposed.
Artec Freedom Liners.jpg

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I received my Artec "freedom" liners on Saturday. I decided to stick with the factory fenders for now, but I am kind of regretting it due to all the exposed white(body color) underneath. I like how those fenders seem to cover most of the exposed red(Especially once you add the liners.)
I bent those two mounting tabs on the front nearly vertical on my "chopped" Rubicon fenders. It gives them just a little extra support and doesn't make them stand out nearly as much. I may go in there with some plasti dip or bedliner spray once I get everything mounted and see how much body color is still exposed.
Artec Freedom Liners.jpg
Looks nice!

I am going to go with the raw aluminum look for a little while and see how I like it.

I tend to like some contrast, especially with a part that looks modular like these do.

The paint on the inner fenders is going to take a beating. Chipped paint would bother me
Sponsored