Sponsored

After getting your JL, what option do you regret not getting?

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
How much would it be to do the LED upgrade.. Really wish I had gotten that.
Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
How much would it be to do the LED upgrade.. Really wish I had gotten that.
just my personal experience - bought new with halogen package:
Replaced headlight bulbs with Beamtech H13 LED bulbs. There is a school of thought that will tell you if you put LEDs in a halogen housing that you are a Satan worshiping puppy killer because dammit they aren't designed for that. But I adjusted both down about a turn and half, have a decent cutoff, don't get a lot of scattered light, and don't get flashed. I replaced fogs with Alla Canbus 2504 bulbs and actually like those better than the factory LEDs. (I tried those with a steel bumper and went back to the 2504s). Just replaced the fender bulbs with Oracle 5011-001 LEDs. With these, you either have DRL or with headlights, but not both. I actually prefer them for DRL and to remain dark with the headlights on.
All in less than $100 - headlight and fogs from Amazon and fender bulbs from Oracle.

As for the original thread question, really wish I had proximity locks. It just seems dumb to have push button start but have to pull out the fob to unlock the doors. As soon as someone figures out how to get it re-coded, I'll do the retrofit.

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
i got everything i wanted except LSD. but i just changed my gears to 4.56 and i added in an ARB air locker in the rear so i don't feel bad anymore.

T43

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I wish I had gotten a JLUR with the dual top group, steel bumpers, cold weather and tow packages, but then I wouldn't have been able to afford it so I'll just keep slowly adding things to my sport.

Lazygreek

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Cold weather package for the features of remote start & heated seats, plus to fill out more of the button panels...... I didn't care for the active safety or adaptive cruise, or color top/fenders...just stuff to damage on the trails.

I do have the LED's, Hardtop, 8.4, Tow..

Sponsored

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
I've had mine for a whole week and the only regret is not getting the proximity keyless entry. Since you don't need to touch the key to start, it almost feels like a hassle to reach for the fob for keyless entry . I know that sounds small but that damn fob is so big not having to touch it would be gold.
Led light package and cold weather package but I saved so much buying in stock Sahara that I have no regrets. But led lighting :)

Sponsored

Allen

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I would have added the reinforced spare tire holder

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Not a huge regret, but I do wish the 7” screen allowed the off-road pages and second camera hookup like the 8.4” does.

Senator71

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Remote proximity key. Fishing around in my pocket to unlock the door when you don't need the key to start the engine is a pain in the @$$.

Uae9909

First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU sport
Alpine sound system... now i have to look for one

gotime4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ocean Blue, 2019 Ram 1500 etorque Laramie
I got everything, best decision. I have an 18 JL sport s and hated that I didn’t get the rubicon with all the options, now I have a 19 JULR and it is loaded. Just love it
Sponsored