Sponsored

After getting your JL, what option do you regret not getting?

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Definitely the hood lock. Oh wait, IT'S NOT AVAILABLE, STILL!
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I actually regret adding the cold weather package. It would be ok if it had memory switches. They turn on automatically anytime the temp is below 40°. It gets annoying having to make 5 button presses before I drive:
auto start/stop x1
heated wheel x1
heated seats x3
You can turn that feature OFF.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
I actually regret adding the cold weather package. It would be ok if it had memory switches. They turn on automatically anytime the temp is below 40°. It gets annoying having to make 5 button presses before I drive:
auto start/stop x1
heated wheel x1
heated seats x3
You can go into the setting and turn the auto on at start up off. I set mine to only come on automatically with the remote start.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remote Start. I hate having to go out to a cold vehicle in the winter.
I have remote start and have not used it yet. My JL heats up unbelievably fast. Takes literally a couple of minutes to warm up and have heat. I think the heated seats and steering wheel heat even quicker and they get really warm. The heated steering wheel is one option I was not expecting to like so much. I absolutely love it after trying it. It's one of those options you don't miss until you try it.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I have remote start and have not used it yet. My JL heats up unbelievably fast. Takes literally a couple of minutes to warm up and have heat. I think the heated seats and steering wheel heat even quicker and they get really warm. The heated steering wheel is one option I was not expecting to like so much. I absolutely love it after trying it. It's one of those options you don't miss until you try it.
This gets me thinking. I recently saw a picture of where I live many years ago, back when vehicles were transitioning from manual crank start to electric: something we take for granted today.

Can you imagine in the future how people will complain that you actually have to press a button, separated from the vehicle no less on a fob to get it going?

"You mean the vehicle didn't ask you, knowing your routine, if it wants you to have it start and warm itself up?"

Sponsored

Rockbo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
You can go into the setting and turn the auto on at start up off. I set mine to only come on automatically with the remote start.
I'm not finding a way to change it. Mine is a M/T so there's no remote start. I don't even see Auto-On Comfort listed in my settings.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
I'm not finding a way to change it. Mine is a M/T so there's no remote start. I don't even see Auto-On Comfort listed in my settings.
I think I saw in another thread that the Auto on comfort settings are missing from the menu when you have a manual transmission.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
I think I saw in another thread that the Auto on comfort settings are missing from the menu when you have a manual transmission.
I read that too. I think it said to swipe the screen to see those options??? Not sure though.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't count as a regret because it was not available when I bought my 2018, so I am assuming it's on 2019 or 2020 as an option.

So for any of you new buyers, get the option below. No regrets :like:

20126031_22_600_446.jpg

Sponsored

walkerkm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2016 JKU, 2001 Harley Road King Classic, 1949 Chevy Fleetline, 1958 Chevy Apache
Ordered a Rubicon with the following: leather, led, cold weather, proximity, tow, body color fenders and top, 3.6, 8.4 nav. Only thing additional I wanted was the steel front bumper...but I can get one later I guess. Just waiting for it to come in-hopefully it will be here Friday.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Only ones equipped with automatic transmissions.

Manual transmission owners do not get that menu option.

Jeep also has no intention of fixing the software issue...

We are not currently aware of any plans to add the On/Off option for those vehicles with manual transmissions.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I regretted not getting a soft top. So, I went a got a soft top. Now I have no ragrets.

jlsofttop.jpg

no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo-2663.jpg
Sponsored