Sponsored

After getting your JL, what option do you regret not getting?

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
You don’t get another charger. You get a lighter for the one you have, and an ash tray to put in a cup holder
Thanks! Nix that then.
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I custom ordered my Sport S and really can’t say I regret anything. I ordered automatic, anti spin, alpine, and gas cap. I would’ve liked the cold weather package, but felt it was way too expensive considering you had to add the garage opener too. I would’ve orderd the tow if it came with higher gears, like 3.73 with JKs, but it didn’t. I didn’t care for the 7 inch radio either.

Overall, I’m happy with my order. I bought off the lot for my JKU in 2014. While she was an amazing vehicle, I regretted not getting precisely what I wanted unlike this time.

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited, 1970 Toyota FJ40, 2017 MB GLC300, 2017 Impreza Subaru
A better question may be which options can/can't you ad after the fact?

proximity entry is a can't
aux switches/ trailer/ tow is a can
8.4/alpine is a can
tops are a can

What else?
I would love it if you could buy the power top after the fact.... id love to have that

Sponsored

saltyaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Unlimited Sport owner here. Got D44/limited slip, hardtop, and tinted windows only. My only regret is having manual door locks because unlocking the rear doors is an awkward process. My solution - never lock the doors!

steelrain82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I wish we would have gotten the anti-spin and selec-trac on our Sahara. The dealer convinced my wife we wouldn't need them. It's her Jeep, but that is what we go up to the snow in. But the Sahara is still capable without either but I would have rather had it.

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Auxiliary buttons and red paint
If you find a junk jl in a junk yard or something you should be able to add that.... If i remember correctly im like 80% sure all jls have the aux plug required to power the switches in there dashboard harnesses.... It will just be dangling behind the window switch center piece not plugged into anything

kubsr1976

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU-R Granite
My JLU-R not delivered yet, but I got everything except Dual Top and Leather Seats...I'm OK getting the premium soft top later. Anyone regret NOT getting leather seats?

Sponsored

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
If you find a junk jl in a junk yard or something you should be able to add that.... If i remember correctly im like 80% sure all jls have the aux plug required to power the switches in there dashboard harnesses.... It will just be dangling behind the window switch center piece not plugged into anything
Aux switches are pretty cheap, I think it's a bit over $300 for the kit with the switch panel and the harness. Half price adding it after if you don't need a hitch. I was dead set on having it until I saw how cheap the kit was.

EDIT: Mopar part #82215190

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

I wish we would have gotten the anti-spin and selec-trac on our Sahara. The dealer convinced my wife we wouldn't need them. It's her Jeep, but that is what we go up to the snow in. But the Sahara is still capable without either but I would have rather had it.
Never take advice from a dealer

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
ordered base 2 door hard top sting gray rubi with stick, LED, tow package and steel bumpers.
I got what i wanted, but the wife reminds me nearly every day this winter that she misses heated seats.
so, i regret not getting heated seats.

steelrain82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Never take advice from a dealer
I agree, but what do I know. Because it's my wife's vehicle and she will never do any major off reading, there was no need for those features. My wife agreed with the dealer (another female) so my thoughts on the matter were relegated to the trash bin. Will the jeep work in the snow? Sure, but I would have rather had those features to help out in a tough spot, off roading or not.
Sponsored