Sponsored

After getting your JL, what option do you regret not getting?

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Can this be added to a Jeep without it?
It's useless dont bother

Just an orange light on the side mirrors, the most useless feature on the JL(or any car for that matter).

Does anyone actually rely on it instead of using your own eyes to look? If so, your dangerous

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
It's useless dont bother

Just an orange light on the side mirrors, the most useless feature on the JL(or any car for that matter).

Does anyone actually rely on it instead of using your own eyes to look? If so, your dangerous
Mine also performs a very loud beep in addition to the orange light. It will get your attention in a hurry. I don’t rely on it and it’s only gone off when I have switched lanes in three-lane traffic and it caught another vehicle in the lane two over from me. I don’t require it but it’s not a useless feature.

And “you’re” not “your.” ;)

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Mine also performs a very loud beep in addition to the orange light. It will get your attention in a hurry. I don’t rely on it and it’s only gone off when I have switched lanes in three-lane traffic and it caught another vehicle in the lane two over from me. I don’t require it but it’s not a useless feature.

And “you’re” not “your.” ;)
That beep drove me nuts had to turn it off.

Easier to type your instead of you're lol

Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That beep drove me nuts had to turn it off.

Easier to type your instead of you're lol
LOL. Just giving you a hard time. I’ve left the beep on just in case of a brain fart or a crazy driver who suddenly switches lanes. As I’m getting older I just don’t care to drive aggresively and I don’t trust a single other soul on the road. Too many dumbarses not paying attention.

I also ride a bicycle and was hit by a SUV about 14 months ago, so I’m hyper-aware of my surroundings now. I know some of this safety stuff is really too much but done correctly, some of the features are very good.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailer tow group. Huge PITA to add it later, and more expensive.
The aux switches alone are worth the cost. They are so nice and easy to integrate with, not to mention being able to tap into the tow harness for aux backup lights.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
LOL. Just giving you a hard time. I’ve left the beep on just in case of a brain fart or a crazy driver who suddenly switches lanes. As I’m getting older I just don’t care to drive aggresively and I don’t trust a single other soul on the road. Too many dumbarses not paying attention.

I also ride a bicycle and was hit by a SUV about 14 months ago, so I’m hyper-aware of my surroundings now. I know some of this safety stuff is really too much but done correctly, some of the features are very good.
Totally get it my friend, yes, in your instance it makes a lot of sense to be using it.

Totally understand your point

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
No power door locks? But why??

The flintstones had power door locks lol
Yeah....i like to make my girlfriend stand in the rain while i go unlock my side hop in then unlock her side...but now its just a hassle

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Yeah....i like to make my girlfriend stand in the rain while i go unlock my side hop in then unlock her side...but now its just a hassle
:CWL: reminds me of the old days

Needed that, thanks

Riah

First Name
Mariah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Highlander
I've had mine for a whole week and the only regret is not getting the proximity keyless entry. Since you don't need to touch the key to start, it almost feels like a hassle to reach for the fob for keyless entry . I know that sounds small but that damn fob is so big not having to touch it would be gold.
i got so used to that feature in my highlander that i made sure it was on my build! its super handy!

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
It's useless dont bother

It's not useless... it's saved me a few times...when cars are speeding through parking lots when I'm backing up