Sponsored

After getting your JL, what option do you regret not getting?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
just my personal experience - bought new with halogen package:
Replaced headlight bulbs with Beamtech H13 LED bulbs. There is a school of thought that will tell you if you put LEDs in a halogen housing that you are a Satan worshiping puppy killer because dammit they aren't designed for that. But I adjusted both down about a turn and half, have a decent cutoff, don't get a lot of scattered light, and don't get flashed. I replaced fogs with Alla Canbus 2504 bulbs and actually like those better than the factory LEDs. (I tried those with a steel bumper and went back to the 2504s). Just replaced the fender bulbs with Oracle 5011-001 LEDs. With these, you either have DRL or with headlights, but not both. I actually prefer them for DRL and to remain dark with the headlights on.
All in less than $100 - headlight and fogs from Amazon and fender bulbs from Oracle.

As for the original thread question, really wish I had proximity locks. It just seems dumb to have push button start but have to pull out the fob to unlock the doors. As soon as someone figures out how to get it re-coded, I'll do the retrofit.

Thanks for the information and part numbers. Question on the foglamps, I took one out of my 2018 JL Sahara, the measurements on the photo on Amazon are slightly different than the measurements of the bulb I took out. Are you sure this will work? Do you have any before and after pictures?
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
2, that aren't necessary (why i left them off) but if I was doing it again I'd want them:
-Upgraded Sound system/ 8" screen
-Heated Leather

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Is color an option?

Wish I would have ordered StingGrey

Jsmeltz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
How about the smokers group? We don't smoke but is there any reason to get it to have another 12V charger?
I only spent the $30 for the smokers group (I do not smoke), because I felt I can use the perfect fit ashtray to put coins in. Not taking delivery for two more weeks, so I guess we'll see....

yankintx

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Extreme Recon
I've had mine for a whole week and the only regret is not getting the proximity keyless entry. Since you don't need to touch the key to start, it almost feels like a hassle to reach for the fob for keyless entry . I know that sounds small but that damn fob is so big not having to touch it would be gold.
I really wanted the advanced safety group with sensors all around, and especially the blind spot sensor in mirrors, but I was impatient and took deliver of a stocked vehicle without them..
If I had it to do again, I would have waited and ordered a Jeep with them for sure.

Sponsored

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Automatic transmission and LED. For what I paid out of pocket on parts and labor for the clutch and all the headache I could have had the automatic transmission.

j2.pictures

First Name
Justin Null
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
CDJR Salesperson
I've had mine for a whole week and the only regret is not getting the proximity keyless entry. Since you don't need to touch the key to start, it almost feels like a hassle to reach for the fob for keyless entry . I know that sounds small but that damn fob is so big not having to touch it would be gold.
Honestly I am still back and forth on it, but I wish I had a soft top instead of the hard top, so I can enjoy taking the top alllll the way off. Otherwise I feel like I have everything I need :)

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I want to say ordering the hard top over the soft top... except that mine is a sport and only the cheap top is available... so I went with hard top & twill sunrider top... but I really want an actual convertible, not just the feeling of one.

Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Probably biggest regret was not getting the 8.4" screen. Second regret would be the LED headlights.

I put in Beamtech's the first week I had it to address the LED headlights, they are still working fine after 2 years. And I upgraded the head unit to the 8.4" model so in the end it all worked out OK.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'll approach this question from a different angle and say that I wish the Dual Door Group was available at the time I ordered my 2021 JLU.

After the usual denials occurred despite the increasing frequency of relevant spy photos, the DDG option was officially released a matter of weeks after my new Jeep was delivered.

So, call it mild annoyance, as opposed to regret, for the absence of that particular option on my Wrangler.

--------------

We can be forgiven for thinking that many new owners are pricing their unwanted Dual Door orders as their ticket out of poverty, so I'm content to wait until Stellantis releases the DDG as a dealer-sourced parts order at a price point on this side of sanity.

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
A better question may be which options can/can't you ad after the fact?

proximity entry is a can't
aux switches/ trailer/ tow is a can
8.4/alpine is a can
tops are a can

What else?
Cold weather package, remote start and the LED headlights are a must especially in the northeast.

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
Probably biggest regret was not getting the 8.4" screen. Second regret would be the LED headlights.

I put in Beamtech's the first week I had it to address the LED headlights, they are still working fine after 2 years. And I upgraded the head unit to the 8.4" model so in the end it all worked out OK.
How did you source the 8.4” screen, install yourself?

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee , wrangler JLU Willys
I'd get aux switches and the tow package
Sponsored