Sponsored

After engine start, center console electronics take 10-30 seconds to start working.

cktlarge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
The touch screen still works. However, I cannot operate the stereo volume, any buttons (ESS), or A/C for about 10-30 seconds. This started last week... It seems to only be the center console. Everything else works as normal.

Not a big deal unless I left the radio on loud since I can't turn it down for a little bit.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The touch screen still works. However, I cannot operate the stereo volume, any buttons (ESS), or A/C for about 10-30 seconds. This started last week... It seems to only be the center console. Everything else works as normal.

Not a big deal unless I left the radio on loud since I can't turn it down for a little bit.

Any thoughts?
You might want to try resetting uConnect. See the forum related to uConnect and Audio stuff. There's sticky at the top that outlines the process.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...l-uconnect-navigation-a-v-cb-wiring-camera.9/

OP
OP
cktlarge

cktlarge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Not sure if uconnect would impact all the other buttons/controls as well?
You'd be surprised at how much is tied into the UConnect system. Try the reset.

Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher

Any thoughts?
My wife's '18 JLUS had the same behavior, but it was intermittent enough that I didn't bring it to the dealership because I knew they wouldn't be able to replicate the problem.

Last year I installed a Quadratec 12v jumper harness so I could add a USB power source to the rear of the center console. I had the battery disconnected for a while, and also had to unplug the HVAC control to access the lighter port where the Quadratec harness snaps in. Since reassembly, it has worked perfectly; I'm not sure if disconnecting the battery or unplugging/reconnecting the HVAC panel solved the problem but it's been flawless for a year (knock on wood).

tk1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S, 2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad.
I have started noticing this exact issue as well. Any updates on a fix?
Sponsored