Sponsored

After a Lot of Digging - Premium Audio Details...

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some specs that I found after speaking with a Jeep associate. She suggested I check out the FCA media website to find some details. I even called Alpine and they couldn't give me any specifics.

Premium Sound System
The new 2018 Jeep Wrangler offers two sound systems:
  • Standard eight speakers
    • Two 2.5-inch speakers in the instrument panel
    • Two 4.5-inch front door speakers
    • Two 2.5-inch sound bar speakers
    • Two 4.5-inch sound bar subwoofers
  • Available premium Alpine audio system with nine speakers
    • Two 3.5-inch speakers in the instrument panel
    • Two 4.5-inch front door speakers
    • Two 3.5-inch sound bar speakers
    • Two 4.5-inch sound bar subwoofers
    • One 10-inch quad voice coil subwoofer
Still unsure about the details of the sub. If anyone has information regarding the specifications (impedance, wattage, etc) please post it here.

Here's a link to the site where I found the info:

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18672&mid=102
Sponsored

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Thanks for sharing! From what I've read, the amp is the same that has been in use since the update of the Alpine system for 2015 MY. 552 watts (RMS?). I believe each speaker has a discrete channel.

Also, I don't think there are speakers in any of the doors on the JL...?

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I do somewhat regret missing out on the Alpine if I go with a sport, but that’ll just make it more tolerable when I’m in my LJ.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Thanks for sharing! From what I've read, the amp is the same that has been in use since the update of the Alpine system for 2015 MY. 552 watts (RMS?). I believe each speaker has a discrete channel.

Also, I don't think there are speakers in any of the doors on the JL...?
LOL, true that!

giangvann

First Name
Giang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door Sahara Anvil Soft Top
Is the subwoofer larger for the 4 door? I noticed videos of the 4 door side mounted while the 2 door has it in the storage compartment still. I have a 2015 2 door with premium audio. Is this just the same?

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I love the Alpine System in the JL, it is better than the premium Alpine that was in my 12. This video about the 2015 Alpine, just tells me that they could only improve for the current system!

OP
OP
Dreadnought_Leviathan

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
That video was very helpful.

It's definitely a 10" sub in the JLU. It would be awesome to know what the exact specs were, but I'm sure they'll come to light eventually.

I just ordered a JL Audio TW5v2 13 inch subwoofer and a 600/1v3 amp to go along with the Alpine system.

I couldn't resist. I just gave up a JL Audio 12" W6v2. I need the additional power.

For those of you who are purchasing the premium audio system, it's pretty damn awesome, even in the low end. Nice, clean, and clear. Very crisp highs. The bass is pleasing with high sound quality.

However, bassheads will definitely need more power to be satisfied. I do feel confident that the 9 other Alpine speakers will complement the new JL sub rather well though.

Sponsored

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I ordered a sport and planned on going aftermarket for the simple fact I'm a audio head and I know for a fact I'd want better than OEM. Will I have to settle for aftermarket 2.5in speakers or can I up to the 3.5in size speakers?

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I just want to check for vacancies in the sub compartment. If so, gonna pollyfill the voids...

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Does anyone know how many watts per channel the amp is?

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
Does anyone know how many watts per channel the amp is?
12 channels @ 46W per channel for a total of 552W. Discreet channels for each of the front and rear speakers (8 in total) and 4 channels to drive the sub which has 4 voice coils.

The problem with the amp is that it is only driving a 2Ohm load so if you add any decent aftermarket speaker it will have to drive a 4Ohm load so output will half.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
12 channels @ 46W per channel for a total of 552W. Discreet channels for each of the front and rear speakers (8 in total) and 4 channels to drive the sub which has 4 voice coils.

The problem with the amp is that it is only driving a 2Ohm load so if you add any decent aftermarket speaker it will have to drive a 4Ohm load so output will half.
thanks man I really needed this information so if I get that right then the sub is about a 200 w sub with four voice coils so if I added a sub that was four ohm then I would be getting half of that so basically what I'm hearing you say is I need to bypass that amp and get my own.
Sponsored