• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Affordable shipping for Soft Tops and other heavy boxed Jeep Parts

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I just went through the process for buying a soft top for my JL and there were not any available in my area. So as I looked nationally I was shocked at the cost of shipping from the LTL carriers.

Then I saw an add for Greyhound (yest the bus company) they now ship and they are 1/3-1/2 the cost of LTL carriers and Fedex. For example Texas to Seattle was $110, NY to Seattle was $180. The Soft top box fits in the cargo hold of the buses so no issue with size or weight. Considering the size of the softop box this is an amazing price.

https://www.busfreighter.com/

Note: they do have home pick up and delivery services assuming there is a Greyhound bus terminal in or near your city, that does add to cost, it is most affordable if you drop off the box and the recipient picks up at the bus terminal.
Sponsored

User Banned

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Guitars & Drums
Excellent info! Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Bump

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
Be careful with Greyhound and expect the worst to happen. I had 2 buckets and a rear bench seat shipped from Colorado to New York. Two of the boxes arrived a couple days late. The third box was over a week behind. I tried going into the local Greyhound and they told me to call the originating terminal, which I did. Everyone provided zero help and told me to call the 1-800 number. At the national number I was told to start calling all their locations between Denver and Syracuse, NY. (I am not making this chit up) After a week of them missing and me losing my mind, I was lucky enough to contact someone in their lost freight department who told me it had arrived the previous evening in Syracuse. Which pissed me off even more because an hour before that call, I had been at the Syracuse terminal and they told me it hadn't arrived yet. If you have any issues, expect to talk to a lot of employees that you won't be able to understand and who could care less about your missing packages. But I agree, the prices were excellent, that's why I went there.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Be careful with Greyhound and expect the worst to happen. I had 2 buckets and a rear bench seat shipped from Colorado to New York. Two of the boxes arrived a couple days late. The third box was over a week behind. I tried going into the local Greyhound and they told me to call the originating terminal, which I did. Everyone provided zero help and told me to call the 1-800 number. At the national number I was told to start calling all their locations between Denver and Syracuse, NY. (I am not making this chit up) After a week of them missing and me losing my mind, I was lucky enough to contact someone in their lost freight department who told me it had arrived the previous evening in Syracuse. Which pissed me off even more because an hour before that call, I had been at the Syracuse terminal and they told me it hadn't arrived yet. If you have any issues, expect to talk to a lot of employees that you won't be able to understand and who could care less about your missing packages. But I agree, the prices were excellent, that's why I went there.
Look it is not Fedex however for oversized items like soft tops that cost $800-$1500 to freight
ship as long as you are not ina hurry you this is a reasonable in expensive option.

Sponsored

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
I never said they werenā€™t reasonably priced and I added info that might be useful to someone. I wasnā€™t questioning anything you posted. They lost a 4ā€™x3ā€™x2ā€™ box that weighed about 75 pounds for over a week. And told me (and I quote) ā€œwe are not saying itā€™s lost, we just donā€™t know where it isā€.
Also telling me to call ever one of their terminals between Denver and Syracuse was bullchit. Their prices are good for a reason compared to the UPS and Fedex. Just letting everyone know that there may be some aggravation involved. Taking a little longer is one thing and fine. Not having a clue where your package is for a week is something else entirely. It was just an fyi to anyone using them about what my experience was with them. I would have appreciated knowing that info before I used them. I probably still would have but I would have been expecting the worst.

GlitteryPonies

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
I heard fastenal does something similar since they have trucks running between stores all the time. Had a friend who had a motor shipped fastenal.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
bump

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Bump

Sponsored

kjone013

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 JLUR MOJITO! (3.6, auto, loaded)
Occupation
Army
I heard fastenal does something similar since they have trucks running between stores all the time. Had a friend who had a motor shipped fastenal.
Yes fastens does. I shipped a rubicon axle set from my old Jeep from Watertown NY to Colorado for $150. I did strap them to a pallet myself. It does go space available on their trucks but it only a week and a half to get there.

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
Yes fastens does. I shipped a rubicon axle set from my old Jeep from Watertown NY to Colorado for $150. I did strap them to a pallet myself. It does go space available on their trucks but it only a week and a half to get there.
Iā€™ve done Fastenall too on heavy engines. No problems

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Bump

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Fastenal. Hands down the easiest and in my opinion, safest way to send large packages for a reasonable amount.
Sponsored