Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello
Does anyone have experience with the products
Let's leave the financial issue for a moment
Does the product do the job better than the stock?

https://afepower.com/afe-power-77-46205-pk-scorcher-pro-performance-package
Have been watching this myself, and video after video with Dyno testing (Civic, Raptor, etc.) seems to indicate their claims are accurate. The ones I've watched have also swapped to higher stage exhaust, though I haven't seen anything done on the JL yet.

Was hoping to see someone install this and dyno the Scorcher kit on our JL. I like that it leaves no ECU traces, but really want to see a vehicle specific review on the JL before deciding.

Thanks for posting, and hopefully we'll hear more.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Worth noting, @Northridge4x4 has this on sale right now, and applying the forum discount takes it all the way down to $595 plus tax (free shipping). Hmmm....

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Those are pretty impressive numbers.... i would like to know more.... or if anyone has done this...

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
So since I am new here where would i find out the discount to use for this?

Sponsored

Shnbrew

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl Willys
Installed last week. You can feel a definite difference in power but at times there is a hitch in acceleration. I d isconnected the tuner leaving the air intake installed and no difference. Afe is sending a new tuner so if it doesnt work, im guessing uts because of the air intake. Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated. Also will keep you informed on results after I get the new tuner.

lopab23

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willy's
I've ordered this for my JLU as well as the rock basher exhaust. The CAI is on backorder but the exhaust should be coming soon. It will be interesting to see how different the performance/sound is with both mods installed.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
For that price your much better off getting the livernois tune.
I watched their video, and Livernois is getting impressive gains, with their tunes.

Sponsored

Scottyo76

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited 4 door
Installed last week. You can feel a definite difference in power but at times there is a hitch in acceleration. I d isconnected the tuner leaving the air intake installed and no difference. Afe is sending a new tuner so if it doesnt work, im guessing uts because of the air intake. Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated. Also will keep you informed on results after I get the new tuner.
I’m having the same type of issues. Seems to jerk and lose power at times. AFE is going to test the unit. I may just return it. Not sure if it really makes that much of a difference. Did you have any luck?

OP
OP
Nissan

Nissan

First Name
Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just want to add that I'm pretty disappointed with AFE products
Luckily I did not purchase the SCORCHER GT performance package
But yes I bought the Pro Series Front & Rear Differential Covers - Machined Fins w/ Gear Oil
Which is considered one of the most expensive on the market
After a month of traveling was discovered
That the product is poorly designed

lopab23

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willy's
I'm also having the sputtering issue, although it only seems to happen during the first 3 or 4 take-offs from a stop; so long as I don't turn the engine off I'm good. I did add the rock basher exhaust and while it is louder in the cabin, the power gain is notable. Having a manual, I can honestly say that 6th gear was completely useless unless I was going well over 80 in so far as there was no power in that gear and could not maintain much less increase speed (I know it sounds a little extreme, but most cars drive that fast in northern illinois). I have much more power now in the lower gears as well as the upper. I also don't see any decrease in my mileage. If they get this scorcher gt module issue sorted out, then this is probably one of the best HP gain for the money in my opinion; especially since even a true novice at working on cars can install this without any problems. :)
Sponsored