aFe Power cold air intake for 2.0T

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
This is what I was dealing with since January when they first offered the intake for the 2.0. I got my refund and ordered the S&B intake. Less then a week later its at my door step and couldn't be more happy with it.
Nice!! By any chance do you hear the “whoosh” noise now that you have that intake installed..?
Sponsored

GiovanniG87

First Name
Giovanni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Nice!! By any chance do you hear the “whoosh” noise now that you have that intake installed..?
Yes the turbo is pretty loud now while accelerating and when you let off the gas after boosting, the "whoosh" noise is there.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Came here lookin for some info from people who have installed one of these. Little disappointing to see how long it's been delayed and that no one seems to have one. I'm definitely curious about them. How effective they are and I didn't even think about retuning until I saw someone else mention that. I'm curious to know as well if a retune is necessary or if you can just install it and go.

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
Came here lookin for some info from people who have installed one of these. Little disappointing to see how long it's been delayed and that no one seems to have one. I'm definitely curious about them. How effective they are and I didn't even think about retuning until I saw someone else mention that. I'm curious to know as well if a retune is necessary or if you can just install it and go.
I’m curious what differences there is between this one and the s&b cold air intake. And I’m more interested in knowing which one makes the better “whoosh” noise. Lmfao.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
I’m curious what differences there is between this one and the s&b cold air intake. And I’m more interested in knowing which one makes the better “whoosh” noise. Lmfao.
Well, I haven't installed one as I still haven't gotten my jeep yet. Should be here within a few days though! And the cold air intake isn't going to be a priority, something I won't do until the fall I think. But I've seen some videos and this one does sound nice. Adds more of a deep growl and a little bit louder "whoosh".
I'm no expert on this stuff though, so don't take it my word for it. For the "woosh" sound, I've heard that blow off valves are the piece you'd want. Not sure how effective they are on automatics. I heard they are more for manuals, but once again... I'm nowhere close to an expert and these are just a few things I've read or heard. I'd recommend looking up some videos to try to hear the differences between the intakes and how blow off valves sound. And I'd try to ask someone with a little more knowledge than me! :LOL:

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
Well, I haven't installed one as I still haven't gotten my jeep yet. Should be here within a few days though! And the cold air intake isn't going to be a priority, something I won't do until the fall I think. But I've seen some videos and this one does sound nice. Adds more of a deep growl and a little bit louder "whoosh".
I'm no expert on this stuff though, so don't take it my word for it. For the "woosh" sound, I've heard that blow off valves are the piece you'd want. Not sure how effective they are on automatics. I heard they are more for manuals, but once again... I'm nowhere close to an expert and these are just a few things I've read or heard. I'd recommend looking up some videos to try to hear the differences between the intakes and how blow off valves sound. And I'd try to ask someone with a little more knowledge than me! :LOL:
To the best of my knowledge there are no blow off valves available yet.
Sponsored