Sponsored

aFe Momentum GT Cold Air Intake YouTube Review

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
How good is the filtration? DId you see a lot of dirt come out when you washed it out?
There was a fair amount of dirt out of the filter and pre-filter. There was NO dirt in the tube and to me, that is the important thing.
Sponsored

narcotik33

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon XtremeRecon
I installed this CAI in my 2022 Rubicon. The growl was nice (initially), and there is absolutely a performance gain when starting from 0 mph. We decided to take a road trip and that's when I found I didn't care for it anymore. Hammering the throttle at high speeds didn't do more than add horrible growl -- there was not speed gain. The MPG dropped significantly. The growling, even at low speeds became annoying when listening to music or podcasts. After about a month, the engine started to idle weird as well -- It came out immediately after that.

After reinstalling the OEM parts, I dropped in a Dry AFE high-flow filter that fit the OEM case. It added back the low end punch that I wanted without adding the growl (I could hear my music again!). We took the Jeep on another road trip and the MPG was terrible, especially in a head wind, and the throttle seemed off as well. I stopped at a parts store and replaced the high-flow filter with an OEM filter and the Jeep responded as you'd expect it to on a long highway trip even with a head-wind (MPG was down to 12 MPG with the high-flow filter, went up to 16 MPG on an OEM filter). It was disappointing to say the least, especially since I'd spent the money on the CAI initially, and then the high-flow filter, buying the hype that this stuff actually worked better than OEM parts. Everything I'd read about avoiding these setups (in forums), especially if you're doing it for expected performance gains, was true. Don't install one of these things expecting to get any appreciable gains in performance or MPG -- it doesn't happen. This was a $450+ lesson learned, I'm never doing again.

If you like the noise of a CAI, and a small bump in performance off the line, it's worth it. Other than that, I would spend the money on something else.

JLfromCA

First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! 2 Door Rubicon/2024 Sarge Green 392
I love mine, had it for over 4 years. No issues and love the sound. I combined mine with a muffler delete. Wow.
Sponsored