AFE MACH Force-XP Hi-Tuck Cat-Back Exhaust

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 crew cab black out
Any experience with this? Hard to tell with YouTube videos but it seems to sound deeper and lower than most and not so ricer like. Interested if anyone else has opinions or not. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
I liked mine. Nice note, but a little to loud for me when I had all the AFE exhaust pieces (from the heads all the way out). My neighborhood is VERY quiet and the exhaust echoed because of how the houses are setup and the block walls. I swapped it out to the AFE street downpipes, AFE Y-pipe, stock Y-pipe back section with the Hi-Tuck axle back section. This is a bit louder than stock with a better sound than stock.

FYI, still have the Hi-Tuck cat back sitting here for sale, but shipping would be outrageous.

OP
OP

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 crew cab black out
It sounds like you had a lot more exhaust components than just the cat back? Do you know or recall just the cat back system itself and how it sounded. I want that darn oem muffler gone but also don’t want a ricer sound either.

smarshall

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I have the axle back hi-tuck and I'm happy with it. I got it to get rid of the hang down muffler but I was pleasantly surprised with the deeper exhaust note. The stock exhaust was a little too quiet. At a $100 the price was right.

TMJL2018

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Technology & part-time Google mechanic
Clubs

I just installed the Borla Climber Stinger S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust last week. It fits great under the Jeep, but I don't like the sound at all. It's too loud and sounds like a ricer. I had the Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Cat Back and going to put it back on for now. Any suggestions, real experience on a deeper tone hi tuck muffler? I've already bent one of the tips slightly coming down a trail.

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Any experience with this? Hard to tell with YouTube videos but it seems to sound deeper and lower than most and not so ricer like. Interested if anyone else has opinions or not. Thanks in advance.
Here's an interesting performance/sound review of a cold air intake and 2 different exhausts on a 3.6 gladiator. Thought you may like it.

Last edited:

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
I liked mine. Nice note, but a little to loud for me when I had all the AFE exhaust pieces (from the heads all the way out). My neighborhood is VERY quiet and the exhaust echoed because of how the houses are setup and the block walls. I swapped it out to the AFE street downpipes, AFE Y-pipe, stock Y-pipe back section with the Hi-Tuck axle back section. This is a bit louder than stock with a better sound than stock.

FYI, still have the Hi-Tuck cat back sitting here for sale, but shipping would be outrageous.
@Gorilla57 any chance you have a sound clip of the full Afe setup?

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
That would be awesome. Do you currently have the stock pipe between the axle back and the Afe Y pipe?
Yup, so from front to rear:
AFE "headers/downpipes"
AFE y-pipe
stock mid section that has the bullet shaped resonator (currently with nice rock rash/dent in it)
AFE axle back Hi-Tuck suitcase muffler

Send me a PM with your phone number and I'll text the vid clip when I get a chance to record it.

Sponsored

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Yup, so from front to rear:
AFE "headers/downpipes"
AFE y-pipe
stock mid section that has the bullet shaped resonator (currently with nice rock rash/dent in it)
AFE axle back Hi-Tuck suitcase muffler

Send me a PM with your phone number and I'll text the vid clip when I get a chance to record it.
Sent. TY

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase

Does AFE make Headers for our JL? i have been looking and wanting to swap everything out like you have but i would want the headers as well.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Does AFE make Headers for our JL? i have been looking and wanting to swap everything out like you have but i would want the headers as well.
Yup, just jump on AFE’s website to take a look at their “headers”. They call it downpipes since the head on the 3.6 only has a large exit, not a traditional head/exhaust setup.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, just jump on AFE’s website to take a look at their “headers”. They call it downpipes since the head on the 3.6 only has a large exit, not a traditional head/exhaust setup.
yes i did see that.... which one did you go with? the race design or the other? they both state that they aren't street legal and require a waiver. Just curious if they will pass emissions testing at inspection?

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
yes i did see that.... which one did you go with? the race design or the other? they both state that they aren't street legal and require a waiver. Just curious if they will pass emissions testing at inspection?
Went with the "street" series since those still have cats. I did sign the "waiver" or else AFE won't ship them. Here in AZ, they only do OBD emission testing, no visual. So, since there are cats in those pipes, no check engine lights and runs fine on stock programming.
Sponsored