AFE intakes: Rapid Induction vs Momentum HD

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'm looking at these two intake kits for the EcoDiesel. From what I can see in the few pictures there are of them online, the only difference seems to be that the Momentum HD has a fully encased filter, whereas the Rapid Induction utilizes the bottom section of the OE airbox and it is then open on the top with a heat shield.

But, the Momentum advertises 23% more flow over stock, vs. 19% with the Rapid Induction, which seems opposite of how I'd expect it to be.

The other difference is a whopping $115 price hike for the Momentum kit.

Does anybody have the Rapid Induction kit? I'd love to see how it actually looks at the airbox, specifically what the threat of water intrusion is compared to the Momentum kit.
Sponsored

Jludiesel334

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU ecoDIESEL ( on order 11-27)
The momentum kit is more aesthetically pleasing. Idk about proven results. I’m following this for more info. Why looking at these I found an exhaust system 49-38092-B if anyone has this I’d love feedback too.

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Has anybody had success obtaining either of these kits? They've been on sale for many months but so far I haven't received my order and I haven't found anybody who has.

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
But, the Momentum advertises 23% more flow over stock, vs. 19% with the Rapid Induction, which seems opposite of how I'd expect it to be.
If I had to venture a guess, I would say its because the Momentum has a large opening into the box which would get more to the filter compared to the smaller opening of a factory box.

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs