Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
How was the install? I hate the lag when you step on the go pedal and it doesn't go.... lol
The install for me wasn't bad. The pedal lag is reduced but you still have some turbo lag off idle. There's no way to fully get rid of turbo lag because of physics.

But when you are moving and the turbo is spooled up there is very little lag to none at all.

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon eco diesel
How was the install? I hate the lag when you step on the go pedal and it doesn't go.... lol
The installs not hard, if you got small hands. My 13 year old son has crazy nimble fingers, so he gets “volunteered” to help. Turbo lag is greatly reduced and it hauls ass in traffic. Well worth the money.

2020 Rubi Diesel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
The installs not hard, if you got small hands. My 13 year old son has crazy nimble fingers, so he gets “volunteered” to help. Turbo lag is greatly reduced and it hauls ass in traffic. Well worth the money.
Sounds like my 12 year old just volunteered! :LOL:

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
The biggest one for me was the fuel pressure regulator connection. The clip is facing down. A curved pick made getting the red retaining clip open pretty easy. A small inspection mirror let me see exactly what I needed to do.

Sponsored

Megatron JLU

First Name
Anibal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 T Diesel
Jeep Wrangler JL AFe CAI for diesel JL DD9D485B-4EA0-46C5-8708-2206D47DDD48
So I had to make this bent welding wire to keep the rubber piece from collapsing. Anyone else have this problem?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I plan to run without that rubber piece, if I ever get mine. Ordered it in June, still waiting......

Megatron JLU

First Name
Anibal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 T Diesel
I plan to run without that rubber piece, if I ever get mine. Ordered it in June, still waiting......
I’m going to add a vent on the hood to match this rubber piece. It’ll be 3D printed and the letters “R” and “u” will make up the vent. So you’ll be able to see the word rubicon on that side still but the Ru will be the vent. Satin black vent with outlined letters in red on the vent.

Dieselfumes57

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I’m going to add a vent on the hood to match this rubber piece. It’ll be 3D printed and the letters “R” and “u” will make up the vent. So you’ll be able to see the word rubicon on that side still but the Ru will be the vent. Satin black vent with outlined letters in red on the vent.

Any sound difference?

Sponsored

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
You don't make power by cooler air you make it by how much air you add to the mix. so most CAI systems allow more air to flow then the stock filter set up. the more air you get into the cylinder the more power you get. now if it is cooler then even more power is made up to a point. when it gets to cold then it has to be heated to be viable. Most stock system do an excellent job of all the things needed to make max power.
Lol k

mrdrhumphreys

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited Diesel
OK, waking this thread up. I have had the Banks Derringer and Pedal Monster on the Jeep for about 8 months. Works great. I just put the AFE CAI on today and now it's a dog. Gets up to 30-40mph about the same then it's like the engine is starved and now power at all. If I turn the Derringer down to stock it seems to fix it but the performance was way better with the stock intake and the Derringer.

Anybody else have this issue? I disconnected the battery, reconnected and it seemed to get better but still got a crankcase pressure code.

Is this something the Derringer needs to "learn" with the increased air flow?

AS it sits, I am better off with the stock air intake, performance was WAY better.

mrdrhumphreys

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited Diesel
OK, waking this thread up. I have had the Banks Derringer and Pedal Monster on the Jeep for about 8 months. Works great. I just put the AFE CAI on today and now it's a dog. Gets up to 30-40mph about the same then it's like the engine is starved and now power at all. If I turn the Derringer down to stock it seems to fix it but the performance was way better with the stock intake and the Derringer.

Anybody else have this issue? I disconnected the battery, reconnected and it seemed to get better but still got a crankcase pressure code.

Is this something the Derringer needs to "learn" with the increased air flow?

AS it sits, I am better off with the stock air intake, performance was WAY better.
OK, figured it out - easy fix. The silicone shroud was getting sucked into the intake. I know a lot of people just take this off but I live in Georgia and trail ride through a lot of creeks. Use some pipe strap and formed to support the shroud. Took it out for a spin and no issues whatsoever.

Turned the Pedal Monster and Derringer up to max and pulled a 0-60 in 7.92 from a dead stop idle. If this is the norm I will be very happy!
Sponsored