AFe CAI for diesel JL

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So, I ordered the AFE intake kit 4 weeks ago. Today they're telling me 10-12 more weeks.

Has anybody seen a similar product from another company? I don't want to wait until fall 2021 and then maybe be told "another 8 weeks".
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
So, I ordered the AFE intake kit 4 weeks ago. Today they're telling me 10-12 more weeks.

Has anybody seen a similar product from another company? I don't want to wait until fall 2021 and then maybe be told "another 8 weeks".
I guess that's a no. And in all my googling I can't find anything else. So I guess I'll attempt to make one out of CPVC pipe or something.

UrbanCowboyAZ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLURD, ‘02 TJ
Occupation
Real Estate
It’s kinda crazy that this engine option has been available for 18 months and there still aren’t any intake options. First to market gets my money. Who wants it?

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I reached out to S&B today and they are still working on prototype. So production is months and months off.

Wizno

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sahara EcoDiesel
Took a while to get the AFE CAI, I had pre-ordered mine on 11/25/2020 and it didn't ship until 6/15/21. So if you've ordered after that it'll probably be a little while longer :-(

Sponsored

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Took a while to get the AFE CAI, I had pre-ordered mine on 11/25/2020 and it didn't ship until 6/15/21. So if you've ordered after that it'll probably be a little while longer :-(
we need pics and a review!!!

Wizno

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sahara EcoDiesel
we need pics and a review!!!
My review: Outstanding! haha. It sounds great, just a constant whhhoooosssshhhh from all the air being sucked in.

I'll try to take some time to take some pics and video this weekend to do a review.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
So I decided that since AFE is advertising a nearly 40 lb/ft increase below 2,500 RPM, it would be worth a try. So I ordered one months ago.

I have a FedEx message about a package coming out of Moreno Valley, CA. Could this finally be my intake??

Hopefully it is, and I can install it next week. I've been trying to source a local dyno for some testing to see if their claims are accurate, but so far I haven't had any luck. The last shop I called said they use their dyno "for internal testing only".

Side note: S&B told me their intake is going on sale in November.

Narb16

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl 80 anniversary
So I decided that since AFE is advertising a nearly 40 lb/ft increase below 2,500 RPM, it would be worth a try. So I ordered one months ago.

I have a FedEx message about a package coming out of Moreno Valley, CA. Could this finally be my intake??

Hopefully it is, and I can install it next week. I've been trying to source a local dyno for some testing to see if their claims are accurate, but so far I haven't had any luck. The last shop I called said they use their dyno "for internal testing only".

Side note: S&B told me their intake is going on sale in November.
Any update on this? Really looking forward to hearing any results. My 3.0 is becoming a headache with overheating so maybe this will help

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Any update on this? Really looking forward to hearing any results. My 3.0 is becoming a headache with overheating so maybe this will help
So that package was not my intake. :(

When I ordered the intake back in June I was told 2-3 weeks. That turned into 8-12 weeks. And that has turned into a new "12 weeks" every time I call them at the beginning of each month. Sigh....

Sponsored

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
remove the intake riser tube , you will see if you get any cooling effect
Jeep Wrangler JL AFe CAI for diesel JL CC9493C6-85B2-4485-B81C-D1AD006CBE05

Narb16

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl 80 anniversary
So that package was not my intake. :(

When I ordered the intake back in June I was told 2-3 weeks. That turned into 8-12 weeks. And that has turned into a new "12 weeks" every time I call them at the beginning of each month. Sigh....
Daum that’s the worst. We’ll best luck and keep us posted!