StuartR

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
At the end of the day, paying hundreds of dollars for a CAI is a complete waste of money especially when you're giving up the factory filter that traps more particulate, dust, and dirt to do so.

I agree with this completely. Also if you look at the stock intake for the diesel it is practically a CAI that draws straight from the outside of the edge of the hood anyway. CAI is a waste on this engine.

StuartR

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on this or any other intakes? I’m 2.5 weeks into ownership and that’s about as long as I can stand being stock. I’m craving for more turbo noise.

Remove the baffling from under the hood and install the poison spyder louver plate,

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Remove the baffling from under the hood and install the poison spyder louver plate,
the CAI still provides an improvement on sound and airflow... as far as filtration, probably not as good as stock. Regardless, S&B is working on mine and the prototype was tested yesterday. I posted a before and after on cutting the factory hood louvers, see my Jeeps insta page below if interested.

http://instagram.com/ecodiesel_jl

Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
the CAI still provides an improvement on sound and airflow... as far as filtration, probably not as good as stock. Regardless, S&B is working on mine and the prototype was tested yesterday. I posted a before and after on cutting the factory hood louvers, see my Jeeps insta page below if interested.

would that be the ram air type thing for rubicon hoods?

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
would that be the ram air type thing for rubicon hoods?
no, they only have that for the 3.6. I wouldn’t expect that to come out for the diesel (anytime soon or ever) based on how few diesels there are out there compared to the 3.6.

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
no, they only have that for the 3.6. I wouldn’t expect that to come out for the diesel (anytime soon or ever) based on how few diesels there are out there compared to the 3.6.
What lift is that? 3.5 with 37s? Also what real world numbers did they come up with for their cai?

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
I have the RockKrawler 3.5” with an extra 1/2” spacer so there’s no sag. On 40s.

Jeep Wrangler JL AFe CAI for diesel JL 5FA8495A-F85D-4019-A4F0-3B007A749C35

Jeep Wrangler JL AFe CAI for diesel JL 5FA8495A-F85D-4019-A4F0-3B007A749C35
You gotta dive on head first? Or do you bring a step stool with ya? Lol. On a stock willys my wife could barely get in!

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Any updates on the scorcher? dyno numbers?
I've had CAIs on several vehicles over the years. If you go in expecting an intake roar and a "bling" factor, you'll be happy. However, there will be absolutely no performance increase.

SLK RCK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I've had CAIs on several vehicles over the years. If you go in expecting an intake roar and a "bling" factor, you'll be happy. However, there will be absolutely no performance increase.
The scorcher is actually a tuner, not a CAI.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So I'm curious... did you ever get those before and after dyno numbers with the AFE intake kit?

overboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU(sold) 2021 JLURD

I looked all over your IG and couldn't find this. Was is a visual before and after or sound? I am coming from 800HP Supras and Cummins Rams that you can hear the whistle from a mile away. I don't need that much but would like a little more if possible.