OP

Midnightrun

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
My wheel tire combo is pretty heavy. I lost about 2mpg with his setup. Still getting 17.5 do not too bad. As far as performance I am pretty pleased. It still moves out very well. 6th gear is pretty useless now unless you are really rolling out. I can spin easy donuts in the rain tho lol
Sponsored

OP
OP

Midnightrun

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Oh and with the rc spare relocation bracket I had no problems with fitment.

marcram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep WK Diesel
Looks like the WK Pintlers have same offset +25mm as the new JL pintlers. Glad I can use mine and that the different lug size isn't an issue

California Guy

First Name
California
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employed
So the new JL AEV wheel is the same as the jk version?
They are the same with the exception that the center hole is larger for the JL wheel to accommodate the backup camera hole.

AEV is working on making the Borah with a larger hole since the JK version does not fit over the JL camera hole. The wheel fits all four corners no problem but the spare will not slide into the camera as the hole is smaller on the wheel.

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
There will be a set of AEV wheels on my JLUR in the future. Pleased to see that someone is addressing the offset and rear camera issues.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
The JK Pintler +10 offset fits but the JL specific Pintler with +25 fits even better and includes a couple other changes for the JL. See their website. I have the JL Pintler in Onyx with 37" KM3s. This setup loaded up nice and tight on the factory tire carrier too!

IMG_6465.JPG

IMG_6466.JPG

IMG_6467.JPG

IMG_6462.JPG

IMG_6472.JPG

oalvarez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JULRDiesel. Porsche Cayenne, Porsche Macan, Porsche 993
Had the Pintler wheels installed on our JLULRD yesterday and had the chance to put them on our bathroom scale (I weighed a gallon of water and the scale checked out).

AEV JL Pintler 31lbs
OEM Rubi 23lbs

Not sure why the AEV website shows the Pintler wheel to weigh 35lbs .

RobP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Rubicon & '22 JLUR XR
I installed my JK AEV Pintlers and had to get new lug nuts as the JL Rubicon lug nuts don't fit in the wheels. In addition, the spare tire doesn't fit on the back as the center bore of the JK Pintler is smaller than the JL Pintler. It doesn't sit flush on the carrier since the camera mount is wider at the base than the end. I'd planned to just buy 1 JL Pintler for the rear, but now I see they don't offer it in my color, argent.
Somebody in another thread mentioned that you could shave down the camera mount at the base, but I've opted to replace the tire carrier with the Aries HD carrier that has a smaller diameter camera housing and looks to extend the camera out a bit further. Hopefully this allows the camera to not pickup the tire in the FOV. We'll see, should be here tomorrow.
Jeep Wrangler JL Aev pintlers. They fit. 20200705_153056

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
I bought their black Saverge II JL wheels with Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.5x17 on my 2018 JLR. It sticks out about an inch past fenders, but I knew that from an online calculator. Looking for slightly wider fenders at some point; I've already scratched up the factories.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RobP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Rubicon & '22 JLUR XR
I received my Aries HD tire carrier and the camera tube is slightly larger than my JK Pintler center bore. Bummer.
I ended up taking a dremel to the stock carrier camera tube and realized that the tube underneath is metal and there's a plastic cover over it (I'm not talking about the plastic lock piece on the end)
I was able to cut it off at the base and remove the sleeve. The Pintler now fits perfectly on the stock carrier. I can see a bit of the tire in the camera, but just at the red mark. ParkSense was intermittently going off backing out of the garage so I need to address that now. Hopefully I don't end up just shutting it off, but I did live without a camera or sensors for 9 years with my JK without hitting anything!

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I bought their black Saverge II JL wheels with Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.5x17 on my 2018 JLR. It sticks out about an inch past fenders, but I knew that from an online calculator. Looking for slightly wider fenders at some point; I've already scratched up the factories.
Same wheels here with 35’s and love them. My installer said they would not fit my spare carrier so put the wheel spacer on their. Not sure they tried hard enough without the spacer. Does yours fit the stock carrier??
edit: it fits no problem on OEM carrier. Took off the tire and Spacer tried and did it today! No problem.

Last edited:

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S
Same wheels here with 35’s and love them. My installer said they would not fit my spare carrier so put the wheel spacer on their. Not sure they tried hard enough without the spacer. Does yours fit the stock carrier??
Sorry, I ditched the stock carrier long ago. Ran a JCR Shield carrier, but that actually didn't work very well (upside down bolt pattern, threads didn't hold very well, HiLift carrier scratches reverse lights, terrible license plate adapter) and I moved to a Teraflex Alpha carrier (waiting for their tailgate reinforcement) since I only put on 35's.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
S

Sorry, I ditched the stock carrier long ago. Ran a JCR Shield carrier, but that actually didn't work very well (upside down bolt pattern, threads didn't hold very well, HiLift carrier scratches reverse lights, terrible license plate adapter) and I moved to a Teraflex Alpha carrier (waiting for their tailgate reinforcement) since I only put on 35's.
Thanks. So I bought the same Teraflex Alpha carrier and never installed it. Today I took off my spare and the spacer the tire installer put on and the Goodyear Duratrac/ AEV Savagre combo fit perfectly on the OEM carrier. I am going to sell my Teraflex because I don't plan to go bigger than 35's.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. So I bought the same Teraflex Alpha carrier and never installed it. Today I took off my spare and the spacer the tire installer put on and the Goodyear Duratrac/ AEV Savagre combo fit perfectly on the OEM carrier. I am going to sell my Teraflex because I don't plan to go bigger than 35's.
Here is my Teraflex carrier (including the HiLift add on) with the AEV wheels:
Jeep Wrangler JL Aev pintlers. They fit. Ruby rear
Sponsored