Sponsored

AEV JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019]

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I hope so. Im' pretty much 95% convinced to just do the Mopar steel bumper stubby and put a winch guard on it - ends up looking about the same as the AEV one anyway, however I can do it now, and I likely save myself a lot of money because i can't even imagine the price points for the front bumper and the lights that AEV will throw at us. But the back bumper i'm going to do the AEV one for sure as i like it far more than anything else
If you like the AEV and Mopar stubby bumpers, you might like the Rugged Ridge Arcus bumper. I think theyā€™re great looking and $500 is pretty cheap. The reviews Iā€™ve read have all been positive. It should be noted that RR says in their ads that they donā€™t work with Rubicon LED lights, but that is only applicable if you had the steel bumper.

81PO3d9nm4L._SL1500_.jpg
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Anyone catch wind of a release timeframe on those Bilstein 8100 shocks? The adjustability of those units looks amazing, but definitely fitting that theyā€™re in bed with AEV considering they both have reputations for showing up to SEMA ā€˜18 with JL parts which arenā€™t on the market through SEMA ā€˜19.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone catch wind of a release timeframe on those Bilstein 8100 shocks? The adjustability of those units looks amazing, but definitely fitting that theyā€™re in bed with AEV considering they both have reputations for showing up to SEMA ā€˜18 with JL parts which arenā€™t on the market through SEMA ā€˜19.
LIkely they'll show them and have them ready to go by SEMA 2021

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I love everything AEV, but that color... And on every vehicle this year... lol. Not my favorite shade. Baby poop green? Anyway, are they bringing the remote reservoir shocks to the JL too?
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019] {filename}

Their ā€œAEV Wrangler Suspensionā€ display certainly had 8100XPs on it in addition to the 5100RT. Itā€™s a bit strange that they chose to install the 8100s on the gladiator and not the JLU for the show. Maybe they didnā€™t have time to attach the remote reservoirs on the JLU? Either way, no one seems to have a release timeframe for the gladiator or JLU 8100s. Sad considering Bilstein unveiled the JLU 8100s at SEMA 2018.

ETA: Called AEV and it sounds like the 8100XPs have been tuned on-site by Bilstein with orders placed for the JT, JL and 1500, but unknown lead time from Bilstein. Also of interest, the initial run of stubby JL front bumpers will NOT be upgradeable to add on the wings later.

Last edited:

peteinny

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Still waiting on the AEV bumper from 2018 Sema. Any word yet? Keep hearing a couple more months ......

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Still waiting on the AEV bumper from 2018 Sema. Any word yet? Keep hearing a couple more months ......
I'll only believe it when I see them for sale and on someone's Jeep.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just found out from AEV that they will have a stubby version out mid January. But it wonā€™t be the modular version that can be swapped with the longer wings. They donā€™t yet have the release date for the modular stubby/long version bumper.

ColoJLRubi

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I just found out from AEV that they will have a stubby version out mid January. But it wonā€™t be the modular version that can be swapped with the longer wings. They donā€™t yet have the release date for the modular stubby/long version bumper.
So next June then ....hahaha

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
The JL AEV Salta's were said in 2018 to be out in 2019. Now that 2019 is about over still no word. Quite a few people asked about the Salta in the AEV forums, and the last update from ARV was just a 2019 release. I want to wait as the Salta is still my all time favorite wheel, but may have to move on. The Method 314 is close, so may end up with a set of those.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered the mopar steel bumper, with a winch guard, some lights to throw on and a winch. Done waiting for AEV. Though I will get the rear bumper/tire carrier once it comes out - but it wasn't as high of a priority as the front.

I get their process and respect it, as their products are super high quality and built to last, but to show and release products at SEMA '18 and still not have it out yet is a bit ridiculous. Overall between the mopar front bumper and the set up i'll have, the difference wont't be too great aesthetically, but i imagine i'm going to save a boatload of money on the front bumper. I can't even imagine what the price tags will be on this new metal they've taken forever to develop.

As for the front/rear bumpers and their actual release date, who knows. This is a definite "I'll believe it when I see it" situation.

Sponsored

CMā›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
I also moved on with a Warn Elite front bumper. Just canā€™t wait anymore for AEV. If the rear bumper is released by the time Iā€™m ready to purchase, then Iā€™ll consider it along with all others.

Lecroj

First Name
Jon L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB JLU, 2012 MDX, 2010 Mini
Was waiting to order the Gobi rack until after I got the AEV rear bumper, but Iā€™m out. Keeping my plastic rear bumper and ordered the Gobi stealth rack. Gobi apparently needs to know what aftermarket bumper you have to attach everything to the frame but since the AEV bumper is MIA I canā€™t wait any longer.

AmericanRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
The JL AEV Salta's were said in 2018 to be out in 2019. Now that 2019 is about over still no word. Quite a few people asked about the Salta in the AEV forums, and the last update from ARV was just a 2019 release. I want to wait as the Salta is still my all time favorite wheel, but may have to move on. The Method 314 is close, so may end up with a set of those.
Agreed where are the Saltaā€™s I would buy now. JLUR

ChuckTTU

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Has anyone heard any word on price point on the bumpers? They said first quarter availability (which I will have to see before I believe) but I havenā€™t seen any info for preorder or estimated cost even. I imagine they wonā€™t price themselves out of the market, but with the ā€œboron steel is so expensiveā€ talk it really makes me wonder.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
No sir. No word on bumper pricing. I did purchase an LoD Destroyer from @lodoffroad and it is fantastic. Just installed this weekend. If you are looking for an immediate bumper solution, consider @lodoffroad .

Additionally, I called AEV about the JK Saltas. They said these are perfectly fine for the JL, but will stick out about half an inch. No problem there for me. YMMV.
Sponsored