Sponsored

AEV JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019]

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just cut out the basic shape with my dremel and then used RTV to seal it in place. It's activated with my Tazer

2019-09-28 19.30.14.jpg
2019-10-10 16.22.59.jpg
Sponsored

johncmd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
These have nothing to do with crash absorption. They are on the Sport model plastic bumpers.

F50F4877-2AF6-4269-830A-1FAABFB68665.jpeg

Plus, Epstein didn’t kill himself...
They are for wind deflection, to improve gas mileage. Which is why they are on sport models- more people less concerned about rugged off road readiness and more about MPG. I think it makes the front bumper look seamless and less clunky. It’s a good factory looking fit for an aftermarket bumper

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
So, most people are removing those ugly euro bumper guards from the front bumpers, and AEV deliberately adds them to an aftermarket bumper? Way to not do market research...
i actually like the bumper.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
I think the bumpers are awesome !!! and you KNOW they are top quality !

jkanser

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Wow, integrated mud flaps in the rear bumper -- I like it! But where's that fold-down license plate step that we saw last year? That was neat.
That was the very question I asked the AEV rep and his answer was that the fold down plate/step did not make it into production. He did say I was the first to ask about it this year, but many asked about availability of JL parts. The above answer of early 2020 is confirmed.

Sponsored

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
For you Southern NV folks all of the AEV SEMA vehicles are at Chapman Jeep in Henderson this morning. Saw them when I was dropping off my Willys for the AEV dualsport install!

AEV SEMA 2019.jpg

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
In an interview it was stated that the steel wheels are hubcentric, 8” wide, and have a backspacing of 5 3/4”.
I believe it was also stated these will be steel wheels. A certain buy for me... I just hope they're not too wide.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I already bought the Mopar lights after giving up on AEV bumpers. Still, I do still think their rear bumper is the best I’ve seen out there.
Yeah I'm about to just pull the trigger on the Mopar steel bumper (cuz i still don't like much of what's out there), with maybe the mopar grille guard and then just throw on some KC lights on the bar and call it a day.

I'm wondering if the cluttered front really would cause an issue for airflow into the radiator?

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I'm about to just pull the trigger on the Mopar steel bumper (cuz i still don't like much of what's out there), with maybe the mopar grille guard and then just throw on some KC lights on the bar and call it a day.

I'm wondering if the cluttered front really would cause an issue for airflow into the radiator?
I was planning on getting the steel Mopar bumper myself this time again, but after adding up all the costs it was cheaper for me to go with the Poison Spyder Bruiser I went with. I wanted winch capable mounted low to not block airflow, skid plate, stubby, and LED fogs. there are only a few options for this, even less with any type of grill guard. I really like my Poison Spyder bumper, but would have went with Mopar if I could have gotten it for the same price or less.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
They are for wind deflection, to improve gas mileage. Which is why they are on sport models- more people less concerned about rugged off road readiness and more about MPG. I think it makes the front bumper look seamless and less clunky. It’s a good factory looking fit for an aftermarket bumper
More to meet efficiency requirements here and overseas, than the customer’s priorities. The most aerodynamic (lol) version, lightest weight, lowest height with the least resistant tires gets the best mpg, so they can claim that mpg for all trims with that drivetrain.

I also kind of like the seamlessness they create, which is also what I like about the AEV bumper.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So did they say anything about the rear bumper availability or being approved for production?

I understand the stubby front bumper is approved, the full size bumper is not. But I didn't read anything about the rear bumper/tire carrier.

Anyone know the answer to that?

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
So did they say anything about the rear bumper availability or being approved for production?

I understand the stubby front bumper is approved, the full size bumper is not. But I didn't read anything about the rear bumper/tire carrier.

Anyone know the answer to that?
If I recall correctly, AEV Dave mentioned first quarter availability of the rear bumper in one of the interview videos I saw.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If I recall correctly, AEV Dave mentioned first quarter availability of the rear bumper in one of the interview videos I saw.
I hope so. Im' pretty much 95% convinced to just do the Mopar steel bumper stubby and put a winch guard on it - ends up looking about the same as the AEV one anyway, however I can do it now, and I likely save myself a lot of money because i can't even imagine the price points for the front bumper and the lights that AEV will throw at us. But the back bumper i'm going to do the AEV one for sure as i like it far more than anything else
Sponsored