AEV JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019]

knick33

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (Ordered)
Does that rear bumper still have the foldout license plate holder that doubles as a step?

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, same one they showed last year to us that has yet to be available
It is actually worse than last year, judge by the picture it seems the rear bumper does not have that neat license plate holder/step any more.

chris4prez

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
It is actually worse than last year, judge by the picture it seems the rear bumper does not have that neat license plate holder/step any more.
You’re right it looks like the step is gone however they added a light in the plate and it looks like the backup sensors have been incorporated into the bumper. I do like that they got the gas tank to work with it.

I’m disappointed they do not have dual reservoir shocks on it and that step built in was quite awesome.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
You’re right it looks like the step is gone however they added a light in the plate and it looks like the backup sensors have been incorporated into the bumper. I do like that they got the gas tank to work with it.

I’m disappointed they do not have dual reservoir shocks on it and that step built in was quite awesome.
While the step was cool, I could see it becoming damaged fairly easily. I like the new design and integrated license plate light. The bumper looks like it would look good even with a spare delete.

Sponsored

DarinFred

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (in D1 status)
Why are they so slow to come to market with this stuff? Are they getting better margin with their Ram and Bison products?

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
While the step was cool, I could see it becoming damaged fairly easily. I like the new design and integrated license plate light. The bumper looks like it would look good even with a spare delete.
Agreed, I thought the same thing about damaging the step. Not sad that it is gone.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Why are they so slow to come to market with this stuff? Are they getting better margin with their Ram and Bison products?
"Nail on the Head!" -- Capitalism dictates "following the money (Honey)"! Your guess would be my guess. :swear: :whatsgoingon:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
My 1st stop & comment tonight. Please tell me this color is NOT the "Sarge" we're expecting . . . ? . . . later this model year. Also wondering, based on my musing over at the Jeep Garage, for the WK2 I still own . . . if THESE are the Bilstein's everyone over at WK2/J.G. have been Clamoring for, for Months & Months & . . . ?
Why is anyone expecting “sarge green” to come at any point for the JL?

Pootytanger

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Did AEV foreshadow this year’s wrangler with a post about the Egyptian military spec J8 a few weeks ago? Similar greens and steel wheels...
F9DF756F-E5B5-4B2F-A5DE-1130DA528EF1.jpeg

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Would like to see the specs on those wheels. But also still waiting on the Salta's shown at SEMA 2018, so may be a while.
I asked AEV on their forum when a JL Salta was coming to market. Their answer is that there is a machining challenge that prevents them from manufacturing those wheels to JL specs.

So if you want Salta wheels, wait no longer. What's out there is what's going to be out there.

I would love to see some installed with 37s to see how far they stick out or rub.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
While it looks cool but unfortunately it will starve the radiator and kill your engine.
Bad design in my book.
I'm with you there... it's too crowded & busy up front.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
So, most people are removing those ugly euro bumper guards from the front bumpers, and AEV deliberately adds them to an aftermarket bumper? Way to not do market research...
Sponsored