Sponsored

AEV JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019]

xj_scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JLURD and @toolaide4fit :

which step is this? I’m going to start install this morning and try to get it done this weekend. I think you’re talking about:
VII Final Tire Carrier Installation, Step 9. where it says to use the 5” long bolt.
Is that the right step you’re referencing? I just want to make sure.
Yes that's correct, we all used the 4" bolt rather than the 5" one and found success thanks to JLURD's experience.
Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Question for fellow AEV Bumper owners.

Does anyone know if AEV's hi-lift mount jack for the JK tire carrier will work on the JL tire carrier?

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Question for fellow AEV Bumper owners.

Does anyone know if AEV's hi-lift mount jack for the JK tire carrier will work on the JL tire carrier?
I believe it does not unless you swap the taillights.

Sponsored

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
While it looks cool but unfortunately it will starve the radiator and kill your engine.
Bad design in my book.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019] rearbumper
This is total BS. It will NOT starve the radiator. This bumper design has been around since the JK days without causing what you mention. From AEV -
"From your pictures, it looks like the center hoop, lights and winch block off too much airflow to the grille, is this something I should worry about?
No. We spent years (literally) developing and testing this bumper in a variety of ways and conditions to make sure this bumper would perform well and without compromise BEFORE it made it on the front of any customer owned vehicles. The EX Front Bumper has seen everything from the daily commute to high altitude rock crawling to a multi-day overland trip across the desert."

I sure haven't had any issues on the two, soon to be three Jeeps that have them.
Sponsored