First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Absolutely correct. When I bought my first AEV parts in 2011, they were a Jeeps only shop. Now Jeeps are (seemingly) a red-headed stepchild, and trucks rule the roost.

They've broken every business rule on how to accurately, but realistically communicate with customers. They bounced between overpromising and it's opposite, complete silence.
You are completely correct! Jeep made their business and now they don't need us...I would be ok if they would just be honest.

I find it funny, I consider omission of the facts, although not spoken, are still lies...they are just to chicken shit to tell us they don't care about the jeep market and be honest about where they are.

Now they are going to have a lottery. Can't wait to see someone steal their market place. Not sure I am going to buy from them again.

If you have been waiting for a front bumper for 2 years, you either bought something else or you just went without a winch. I decided not to go with the steel bumpers because they were going to have theirs out.

So, now if I go to their front bumper I have to add in the cost of the bumper I got plus theirs. Wish I had known they were going to keep jerking us around!
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
The real irony is, while we are on here throwing shade at them they are oblivious to our criticism. If Jeep enhancements were my business I'd be lurking on here. Can anyone think of a better, more passionate, more opinionated focus group than the jlwranglerforums members? Jeep themselves lurk. Motor Trend lurks. Most of the big aftermarket suppliers lurk. AEV? I suspect not.

AEV: We are not pissed so much as disappointed. You had a (nearly) blind following and you've abandoned us. I've said it before (maybe even on this thread): Sometimes you need to dance with the date you brought to the prom.

Rant over.

signed,
ex - AEV fanboy

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
My barometer for this lottery will be seeing a single enthusiast on here or social media reporting they got one for non-turnkey sale. Until then, these bumpers are no less vaporware than they were last week.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
My barometer for this lottery will be seeing a single enthusiast on here or social media reporting they got one for non-turnkey sale. Until then, these bumpers are no less vaporware than they were last week.
Well, I guess I missed the lottery. I wish someone would build a bumper that was worthy I would buy it in a heart beat. I don't want to give AEV one more penny of my money...they just aren't worthy of it! I guess I don't spend enough time on social media to be ready for this lottery crap!

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Well, I guess I missed the lottery. I wish someone would build a bumper that was worthy I would buy it in a heart beat. I don't want to give AEV one more penny of my money...they just aren't worthy of it! I guess I don't spend enough time on social media to be ready for this lottery crap!
The beauty of the free market.

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I am happy to announce that AEV has "REALLY" built the AEV JL Bumpers...you ask how do I know this?

Attached is hard evidence these bumpers exist. I have both the Front and Rear Bumpers for my JL sitting in my garage. I hope to get them installed by the end of the weekend. I may video the installation and put it up on YouTube.

I know there has been a lot of criticism on the cost of the bumpers... BUT let me say I was shocked how light the Boron Steel is. The mounting kit is heavier than the bumpers themselves.

More to come!

tempImageOIQDE4.png

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I am happy to announce that AEV has "REALLY" built the AEV JL Bumpers...you ask how do I know this?

Attached is hard evidence these bumpers exist. I have both the Front and Rear Bumpers for my JL sitting in my garage. I hope to get them installed by the end of the weekend. I may video the installation and put it up on YouTube.

I know there has been a lot of criticism on the cost of the bumpers... BUT let me say I was shocked how light the Boron Steel is. The mounting kit is heavier than the bumpers themselves.

More to come!

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019] tempImageOIQDE4
Did you get the tire carrier?

Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

More to come!

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019] tempImageOIQDE4
What happened to not spending a penny on AEV products? :CWL:
Merry Xmas.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Would love to hear your opinion about the bumpers after the install process. I've got the rear on my "someday" list.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
The big benefit of the AEV is the style and the weight. As expensive and hard to get as it is, its what? 2/3 the weight of the ARB bumper? Ive read some places it could be as much as 50lb lighter than arb? Seems like a lot...

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
The big benefit of the AEV is the style and the weight. As expensive and hard to get as it is, its what? 2/3 the weight of the ARB bumper? Ive read some places it could be as much as 50lb lighter than arb? Seems like a lot...
They are considerable lighter and that is while they are more expensive. They are made out of Boron Steel. Lighter and stronger than steel.

Install wasn’t to bad

64C7BE1A-A2DF-41C3-A9F6-B4FC38F5502E.jpeg

9CBEF50F-AF92-40F7-B2EB-06CDCAFFE1EF.jpeg

0B35D28F-0B50-4869-B653-9DE81327B1D9.jpeg

CaliMat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
They are considerable lighter and that is while they are more expensive. They are made out of Boron Steel. Lighter and stronger than steel.

Install wasn’t to bad

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019] 0B35D28F-0B50-4869-B653-9DE81327B1D9

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019] 0B35D28F-0B50-4869-B653-9DE81327B1D9

Glad to hear the install wasn't too bad. I see you took the light guard off on the passenger side, I assume it's because it didn't fit with the tire carrier.
Sponsored