plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
With the 8 speed and the 37” km3 or Ko2 being a smaller tire 4.56 is perfect with the new 8 speed auto from what I’ve been hearing.
No offense but 4.56 is far from perfect with 37 even small ones. All 37s are smaller, BFG is just on the smallest end. 4.88 is the typical going gear for 37, and considering AEV build is gearing towards overlanding and heavy weight, I would argue 4.88 is probably not short enough.

On the other hand, I can see why AEV would do 4.56. The shorter gears, the harsher on pinion, so they are trying to find a balance point so their customers will not blow their pinions causing warranty issue and damaging their brands.
Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
No offense but 4.56 is far from perfect with 37 even small ones. All 37s are smaller, BFG is just on the smallest end. 4.88 is the typical going gear for 37, and considering AEV build is gearing towards overlanding and heavy weight, I would argue 4.88 is probably not short enough.

On the other hand, I can see why AEV would do 4.56. The shorter gears, the harsher on pinion, so they are trying to find a balance point so their customers will not blow their pinions causing warranty issue and damaging their brands.
Once I get the rig and drive it around I’ll let you guys know whether it feels peppy enough with higher loads.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Once I get the rig and drive it around I’ll let you guys know whether it feels peppy enough with higher loads.
I am pretty sure you won't feel anything since the 8-speed are so good, even 4.10 can handle 37 with minimal efforts. The thing bothers me is 4.10 to 4.56 is such a small increment change, but again AEV is pretty anal about testing and quality control.

Going to higher (shorter) gear is not a one solution for all, higher gears will have more ring teeth and created issues, a lot of JKs blew their drivetrains going 5.13. Sometimes I feel people don't understand the basics and just say give me 5.13, give me 5.38, because down the road I will do 38", 40". Gears are not magical and you have to lose somethin gto gain something.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
LOL. Didn’t take that long for a hater to start trolling on the AEV topic.
A “hater”? I love their stuff and will likely end up with their 2.5” and front and rear bumpers... just I expect to pay a lot less that you did. I won’t have those cool emblems and stickers though. Not offended, I’d also be defensive if I dropped that money.

It’s like the troll who goes on every diesel topic on this forum and start bitching about diesel wranglers when he doesn’t own one.
That’s some nice gate keeping there.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A “hater”? I love their stuff and will likely end up with their 2.5” and front and rear bumpers... just I expect to pay a lot less that you did. I won’t have those cool emblems and stickers though. Not offended, I’d also be defensive if I dropped that money.

That’s some nice gate keeping there.
The topic of discussion here is AEV SEMA builds and the fact of the matter is, I’ve researched it. I met the owner of AEV. I built it exactly how I want it. I am looking forward to getting it. And I can afford it.

Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
[QUOTE="DizzyIzzy, post: 1130427, member: 28790”]I built it exactly how I want it. I am looking forward to getting it. And I can afford it.
[/QUOTE]

Cool. I hope you’re happy with it.

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
The topic of discussion here is AEV SEMA builds and the fact of the matter is, I’ve researched it. I met the owner of AEV. I built it exactly how I want it. I am looking forward to getting it. And I can afford it.
Agree 100%. Good for you! I for one am jealous and would love to have your jeep. Just more than I need. Get questions all the time about why I got what I got. Because I wanted it and can afford it. Period. Look forward to seeing pictures though. Love AEV! And to me it’s not overpriced. Lots of companies charge just as much or more for their parts. No one says anything. Congrats!

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Agree 100%. Good for you! I for one am jealous and would love to have your jeep. Just more than I need. Get questions all the time about why I got what I got. Because I wanted it and can afford it. Period. Look forward to seeing pictures though. Love AEV! And to me it’s not overpriced. Lots of companies charge just as much or more for their parts. No one says anything. Congrats!
Thanks. I wish they were doing a Hemi conversion as well. I’d pick that up in a heartbeat.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Thanks. I wish they were doing a Hemi conversion as well. I’d pick that up in a heartbeat.
Have AEV drop ship it at America’s most wanted 4x4. Shouldn’t be too far from their shop. They are in MI also

Sponsored

Cyclrder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKU Rubicon, S213E63S, 997.2TTMT
I just want to know where you are going to get that car dirty in Queens! And I want to come! Hahaha nice rig for sure.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just want to know where you are going to get that car dirty in Queens! And I want to come! Hahaha nice rig for sure.
Hahaha, for sure. I've got some ideas :like:. Better have some recovery gear and a portable tire inflator with you.
Sponsored