Sponsored

AEV JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019]

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
That's my exact set up now. Love it, and actually like it more than the AEV set up from what I've seen, the mopar keeps it more open as well.

As for the rear bumper...i'll believe it when I see it and can order it. Until then, I won't get any hopes up because my hopes were up all of 2018 and all of 2019 until i finally decided to just move on for the front. But if it comes out, great! if it doesn't, i won't be surprised, haha

frontend.jpg
Yea I’m as skeptical as the next guy re AEV releases but after hearing folks on here lay down money for turnkey builds and their tech support confirming those installations are ongoing, there is at least some rear bumper production already going. Maybe they don’t ramp production to supply the full aftermarket by March but at least the floodgates are cracked lol.

Re your setup, I actually was thinking of adding a BD OnX6+ 20” bar in the same place yours is...I love the look of the integrated bar on the AEV front bumper but also think there’s a practical argument to be made for the more protected position you chose on the mopar steel bumper.

Another thing that surprised me from AEV was the weight/dimensions they quoted me on the rear bumper/carrier from the JK which they expect to be pretty damn close to the JL (I have to freight forward all of these parts to AK so every package weight/dims have to be sorted before they ship). By the time the bumper, carrier, spare 37, caddy, hi-lift, and 10 gallons of fuel are loaded on, that setup is pushing around 400 pounds on the back end! No wonder their 2.5” lift is more like 3.5” before it’s loaded!
Sponsored

xtnqx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon Diesel
Hi...looking for info on a time frame for the 'Factory Fender Standard Corner' JL bumpers and whether or not it will fit correctly on our low fender Rubicons in Australia please? Thanks. Gathering that the 'Highline' bumper would interfere with our low fenders? Will there be an option for low fender Rubicons at all? Many thanks :)

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Hi...looking for info on a time frame for the 'Factory Fender Standard Corner' JL bumpers and whether or not it will fit correctly on our low fender Rubicons in Australia please? Thanks. Gathering that the 'Highline' bumper would interfere with our low fenders? Will there be an option for low fender Rubicons at all? Many thanks :)
I don't know how often the AEV guys monitor or look at this thread or forum. You are probably better off contacting AEV through email, one of their instagram posts, or facebook posts.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Does anyone know if the New JL Diff Covers keep the fluid levels the same ? Additinally, do they have fill holes set up so that you can fill to the point where some fluid starts to leak out and that’s the proper amount to add ?

Correct me if I’m wrong, aren’t the OEM ones that way ? Has anyone tested this ?

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
To clarify, I’m asking about the New AEV Diff Covers for the JL.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Great ! Thank you !!

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Can anyone advise if you purchase a Turnkey Package JL from AEV (ordered NEW through an authorized Jeep Dealer) and the vehicle is built by Jeep and shipped directly to AEV for their conversion, is the original warranty and ALL AEV Package Items completely covered under your original Warranty ?

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone advise if you purchase a Turnkey Package JL from AEV (ordered NEW through an authorized Jeep Dealer) and the vehicle is built by Jeep and shipped directly to AEV for their conversion, is the original warranty and ALL AEV Package Items completely covered under your original Warranty ?
I'm getting the JL370 package directly done by AEV. So, I don't know what is actually offered from an AEV dealer.

For mine, AEV parts will carry limited lifetime warranty against manufacturers defect. The labor is covered for 3 years / 36,000 miles. Items like aesthetics are only covered for one year or 12,000 miles.

There is no modification to the powertrain except for the re-gearing. So, if anything goes wrong with the engine then that should be covered by Jeep. But, if anything goes wrong with the diffs then it's under AEV's warranty, which is shorter than the original Jeep warranty of 5 years / 60K miles.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Excellent info....Thank you.

What is the "aesthetic" coverage ? like paint ?

I would assume that NOTHING AEV does (seeing as how they partner with Jeep for these turnkey builds) voids ANY part of the manufacturer's warranty....

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent info....Thank you.

What is the "aesthetic" coverage ? like paint ?

I would assume that NOTHING AEV does (seeing as how they partner with Jeep for these turnkey builds) voids ANY part of the manufacturer's warranty....
Rusting or blemishing of parts and paint etc. is covered under aesthetics. Jeep won't cover modified differentials, since new 4.56 ratio gears will be put in the diff for the 37" tires.

But, it may be covered if you buy through an AEV dealer. You'll have to ask the dealer directly.
Sponsored