Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Can't wait to see pics when its done. Gives hope on the bumpers. I can't buy it now anyway.
Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
You mean ANY Jeep Dealer can purchase it for you "at invoice" ?
I only ask, because I thought that only certain dealers that are certified as AEV Dealers can order from them....Also, when you do order it through an AEV Certified Dealer (listed on their website) the JL gets built and automatically ships from the plant to AEV for their work to be done.

I also believe that ONLY the JL build itself is negotiable (through the AEV Certified Jeep Dealer)....ALL AEV prices are non-negotiable.

If I am wrong about any part, anyone, please chime in.....

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
In the past, has AEV released products in Turnkey Builds PRIOR to individual sales ?
I can’t comment on how things progressed during the JK run, but AEV was a very different company when the JK came out. After seeing them trickle out a few wheels (built overseas), a spacer suspension and a 2.5” suspension over 2+ years with the JL, the chances of them releasing all of the parts on that turnkey build in the next month are about as close to zero as you can get.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You mean ANY Jeep Dealer can purchase it for you "at invoice" ?
I only ask, because I thought that only certain dealers that are certified as AEV Dealers can order from them....Also, when you do order it through an AEV Certified Dealer (listed on their website) the JL gets built and automatically ships from the plant to AEV for their work to be done.

I also believe that ONLY the JL build itself is negotiable (through the AEV Certified Jeep Dealer)....ALL AEV prices are non-negotiable.

If I am wrong about any part, anyone, please chime in.....
I'm just telling you what I did for my build. My personal Jeep is going to AEV straight from the factory to be outfitted with their package. I don't know anything about any dealers selling AEV vehicles and whether they are certified or not.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Just to close the loop, here are the "JK" AEV Saltas installed on a JL with stock Rubicon tires.

The 5th wheel (spare) arrived with shipping damage, so I haven't yet fit anything on the LoD Tire Carrier (to check the camera fit). I may be able to test fit tonight.

Hopefully this answers questions on fit, and protrusion from the fender, etc.

IMG_20200131_082531.jpg

IMG_20200131_082547.jpg

IMG_20200131_082606.jpg

IMG_20200131_082613.jpg

IMG_20200131_082623.jpg

IMG_20200131_082629.jpg

IMG_20200131_085506.jpg

IMG_20200131_085520.jpg

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I can’t comment on how things progressed during the JK run, but AEV was a very different company when the JK came out. After seeing them trickle out a few wheels (built overseas), a spacer suspension and a 2.5” suspension over 2+ years with the JL, the chances of them releasing all of the parts on that turnkey build in the next month are about as close to zero as you can get.
AEV's stuff isn't coming out as fast as people are hoping, but they haven't taken anyone's money for products that haven't launched either. If you think customers are frustrated by the pace, I imagine the people that actually have the potential to make money off of it are a bit frustrated also. I'd rather have the products launch correctly than deal with shoddy problems because they rushed things just to get it done.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV's stuff isn't coming out as fast as people are hoping, but they haven't taken anyone's money for products that haven't launched either. If you think customers are frustrated by the pace, I imagine the people that actually have the potential to make money off of it are a bit frustrated also. I'd rather have the products launch correctly than deal with shoddy problems because they rushed things just to get it done.
I agree, but 2.5 years to market is an eternity nowadays. The fact that they have diversified into so many non-Jeep platforms since the JK years has not helped one iota.

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
I agree, but 2.5 years to market is an eternity nowadays. The fact that they have diversified into so many non-Jeep platforms since the JK years has not helped one iota.
I know for a fact that this is the big frustration with many AEV fans like me. Lots of internal bandwidth is clearly prioritized for other projects these days, and the JL has clearly been put on the back burner.

2.5 years after "product release", and we still can't buy it. Time to move on.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know for a fact that this is the big frustration with many AEV fans like me. Lots of internal bandwidth is clearly prioritized for other projects these days, and the JL has clearly been put on the back burner.

2.5 years after "product release", and we still can't buy it. Time to move on.
Which is even more amazing considering Jeep is pumping out JLs around 30,000 per month with a much higher proportion being modified than any other vehicle. You’d think from a business standpoint the JL would be AEV’s number one priority.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Launch correctly without shoddy prroblems is one thing, but AEV has entered into a new category of being late to the market at this point - and i think it's because of OCD to perfect this new boron stamped steel they're trying to do. And though I applaud the effort in trying to innovate, you can use regular steel like you have for years on prevouis JK bumpers, and satisfy a lot of people. Then, once you perfect this new blended metal you're trying to make for the bumper to be lighter/stronger or whatever you feel the need to satisfy, then introduce that as a premium model.

I moved on and just went with the Mopar steel bumper and winch guard, threw some lights on in, and it looks almost identical to what the AEV one will look like. My hoop is lower and lights sit on top, the hoop on the AEV goes higher and the lights sit in the middle of the bumper and top of hoop, but aesthetically, it looks similar, and i have it now vs still waiting.

I love and appreciate AEV"s stuff, but the frustration and waiting as started to become comical as this company is missing out on a lot of lost revenue.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Launch correctly without shoddy prroblems is one thing, but AEV has entered into a new category of being late to the market at this point - and i think it's because of OCD to perfect this new boron stamped steel they're trying to do. And though I applaud the effort in trying to innovate, you can use regular steel like you have for years on prevouis JK bumpers, and satisfy a lot of people. Then, once you perfect this new blended metal you're trying to make for the bumper to be lighter/stronger or whatever you feel the need to satisfy, then introduce that as a premium model.

I moved on and just went with the Mopar steel bumper and winch guard, threw some lights on in, and it looks almost identical to what the AEV one will look like. My hoop is lower and lights sit on top, the hoop on the AEV goes higher and the lights sit in the middle of the bumper and top of hoop, but aesthetically, it looks similar, and i have it now vs still waiting.

I love and appreciate AEV"s stuff, but the frustration and waiting as started to become comical as this company is missing out on a lot of lost revenue.
I totally agree. I've spent quite a bit with AEV over the years, like their stuff, but this is wearing thin for me as well. I think that their attention is distracted by their non-Jeep offerings. They are in danger of losing their market position do to the inattentiveness.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I posted a question at the AEV forum regarding a projected date for their JL spare tire carrier. Here is their response:

It will be ready by fall. I don't have a hard date, but looking at our timelines I'm comfortable with saying it'll be ready. And because this has been brought up before: I mean North American Fall of 2020.

I hate having to be so vague, but please to understand that we're trying to not make promises that we can't deliver on. AEV wants to bring our products to market as quickly as possible, but we are also committed to quality and unfortunately that means long waits sometimes.

I'm assuming that the timing on the rear bumper will go hand-in-hand with this.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I posted a question at the AEV forum regarding a projected date for their JL spare tire carrier. Here is their response:

It will be ready by fall. I don't have a hard date, but looking at our timelines I'm comfortable with saying it'll be ready. And because this has been brought up before: I mean North American Fall of 2020.

I hate having to be so vague, but please to understand that we're trying to not make promises that we can't deliver on. AEV wants to bring our products to market as quickly as possible, but we are also committed to quality and unfortunately that means long waits sometimes.

I'm assuming that the timing on the rear bumper will go hand-in-hand with this.
WOW, AEV lol. So one of two things is true then...they’re either going to be installing these rear bumpers/tire carriers on turnkey builds starting this month as stated previously while the rest of the market waits until “Fall”, or those turnkey builds won’t happen as stated. Either way, most of the market waits 3 years for a bumper they showed at 2018 SEMA. Bravo.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I also sent a note to a Kentucky Jeep dealer who posted that they have a 2020 AEV JL in production. I was curious as to which bumpers would show up on AEV-manufactured JLs. Here is his reply:

I'm not sure if they have turned a bolt on the first production JL turnkey's for dealers/customers yet. They have asked us to send the units either from our stock or order bank and they are scheduled. The first run is only going to offer a stubby non-modular front bumper. That is about all I know at the moment. My unit should drop up there in the next week or so.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I also sent a note to a Kentucky Jeep dealer who posted that they have a 2020 AEV JL in production. I was curious as to which bumpers would show up on AEV-manufactured JLs. Here is his reply:

I'm not sure if they have turned a bolt on the first production JL turnkey's for dealers/customers yet. They have asked us to send the units either from our stock or order bank and they are scheduled. The first run is only going to offer a stubby non-modular front bumper. That is about all I know at the moment. My unit should drop up there in the next week or so.
giphy.gif
Sponsored