Sponsored

AEV JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019]

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
They are considerable lighter and that is while they are more expensive. They are made out of Boron Steel. Lighter and stronger than steel.

Install wasn’t to bad

64C7BE1A-A2DF-41C3-A9F6-B4FC38F5502E.jpeg

9CBEF50F-AF92-40F7-B2EB-06CDCAFFE1EF.jpeg

0B35D28F-0B50-4869-B653-9DE81327B1D9.jpeg
Rear bumper and carrier are old school steel. Front is boron.
Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
They are considerable lighter and that is while they are more expensive. They are made out of Boron Steel. Lighter and stronger than steel.

Install wasn’t to bad

64C7BE1A-A2DF-41C3-A9F6-B4FC38F5502E.jpeg

9CBEF50F-AF92-40F7-B2EB-06CDCAFFE1EF.jpeg

0B35D28F-0B50-4869-B653-9DE81327B1D9.jpeg
right but whats the actual weight difference between a JL AEV front bar and an ARB bar?

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Glad to hear the install wasn't too bad. I see you took the light guard off on the passenger side, I assume it's because it didn't fit with the tire carrier.
Sadly the light guard hit the tire carrier. I have taken both of them off. The tire carrier and bumper were more important

I plan on installing the flare extensions and splash guards soon and the front bumper.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Rear bumper and carrier are old school steel. Front is boron.
The corners are heavy AF. They will definitely protect the body from damage. Best part about it is if they do get destroyed you can replace the corners. The Warn bumper I have on is much heavier than the AEV.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The corners are heavy AF. They will definitely protect the body from damage. Best part about it is if they do get destroyed you can replace the corners. The Warn bumper I have on is much heavier than the AEV.
any issues with your backup sensors after installing? No false blips and everything seems to be good?

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
any issues with your backup sensors after installing? No false blips and everything seems to be good?
As a matter of fact, when I put the 37" spare on the back the sensor beeped the whole time in reverse. Now that I have the Bumper and Tire Carrier on the new setup it now works perfect! No issues at all!

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
As a matter of fact, when I put the 37" spare on the back the sensor beeped the whole time in reverse. Now that I have the Bumper and Tire Carrier on the new setup it now works perfect! No issues at all!
excellent to hear!

RafterCExplorations

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon/Diesel, 1972 "CJ-5/buggy", 2003 V8 4Runner, 2008 Dodge/Cummins 3500 w/Four Wheel Pop Up camper, 1960 Chevrolet Apache C-10, 1939 Buick Special, Honda XR650R
The real irony is, while we are on here throwing shade at them they are oblivious to our criticism. If Jeep enhancements were my business I'd be lurking on here. Can anyone think of a better, more passionate, more opinionated focus group than the jlwranglerforums members? Jeep themselves lurk. Motor Trend lurks. Most of the big aftermarket suppliers lurk. AEV? I suspect not.

AEV: We are not pissed so much as disappointed. You had a (nearly) blind following and you've abandoned us. I've said it before (maybe even on this thread): Sometimes you need to dance with the date you brought to the prom.

Rant over.

signed,
ex - AEV fanboy
I think you definitely hit that nail on the head.... A blind following. They took their customers for granted, and now they are losing them.
But also, and maybe I've missed this discussion somewhere else, but I think they actually more heavily & directly involved with Jeep/FCA. My understanding is that they were involved with the implementation of the 392 project, which I think came down very quickly this last year. And if you're Jeep, and you decide to drop a quick prototype in Ford's lap, why wouldn't you go to the company that you already have a relationship with, and thats been doing exactly what you're wanting to do for years?
Not an excuse for poor customer service at all, but certainly when big money comes calling, you're probably going to answer the door.
I also wouldn't be surprised if they are involved with Jeep's performance products division. It seems that the quality of those products has improved significantly.
Or all the above is completely wrong, and they are pissed at Jeep for "crowding their space" (Wrangler enhancements), and they figure "fine, we'll stick to Dodge & Chevy" because they aren't trying to squeeze them out.
Whichever, I agree with all the frustrations voiced here. If they would've just been straight with those of us who want to be parts buyers, and not full vehicle buyers, we all would likely be a lot more understanding. Especially in light of COVID.
I think I'll still hold out for a rear bumper, but I'm actually not partial to the front looks anyway, so I'll at least save some money there.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Not an excuse for poor customer service at all, but certainly when big money comes calling, you're probably going to answer the door.
If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say it's this quote. From what I see on their website and social media (Instagram), it's still pretty evident they have transitioned from a parts enthusiast company like Teraflex, to borderline "factory package" company. They are shipping a significant amount of fully built vehicles directly to dealerships, and people with deep pockets looking for exclusivity are buying them because they look bad ass, not because they themselves are enthusiasts and trying to find aftermarket value.

If AEV keeps doing what they are doing, and assuming the owner has some real deep connections with Jeep and Chevy, I wouldn't be surprised if they become like a "Brabus" to Mercedes or "Dinan" to BMW... or Shelby to Fords, etc etc.

He's building a very successful company, unfortunately it's just not appealing to what we enthusiasts want...
And like Rafter, I'm still a sucker for the rear bumper.

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say it's this quote. From what I see on their website and social media (Instagram), it's still pretty evident they have transitioned from a parts enthusiast company like Teraflex, to borderline "factory package" company. They are shipping a significant amount of fully built vehicles directly to dealerships, and people with deep pockets looking for exclusivity are buying them because they look bad ass, not because they themselves are enthusiasts and trying to find aftermarket value.

If AEV keeps doing what they are doing, and assuming the owner has some real deep connections with Jeep and Chevy, I wouldn't be surprised if they become like a "Brabus" to Mercedes or "Dinan" to BMW... or Shelby to Fords, etc etc.

He's building a very successful company, unfortunately it's just not appealing to what we enthusiasts want...
And like Rafter, I'm still a sucker for the rear bumper.
I'm a sucker for their stuff, and it's well made. But this is spot on. They would much rather be the truck version of Dinan if they can. Dave likes engineering stuff that works for sure....but he also likes his fleet of sports cars, and that shit doesn't bank roll itself.

acftmec

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ Impact Orange/ '20 JLU Sport S Bikini Pearl
I've had mine on for almost two weeks now and glad to say super happy!!! Yes it's not for everyone but the fit and finish is really really nice imo. Instructions could definitely use some tweaking but that'll happen over time no doubt.

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
I've had mine on for almost two weeks now and glad to say super happy!!! Yes it's not for everyone but the fit and finish is really really nice imo. Instructions could definitely use some tweaking but that'll happen over time no doubt.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019] IMG_0438

Great color combination!

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase

Looks amazing! Are you going to get the fender extensions ?

acftmec

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ Impact Orange/ '20 JLU Sport S Bikini Pearl
Yes, I have them just need to get them installed here soon.
Sponsored