AEV JLU Wrangler Build [SEMA 2019]

TK421-JL

First Name
Sterling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon
Well.... AEV released another truck product today. Still crickets about any more JL products even though they stated August would be the release month for the rear bumper/carrier. Their lack of communication is pretty frustrating.
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Well.... AEV released another truck product today. Still crickets about any more JL products even though they stated August would be the release month for the rear bumper/carrier. Their lack of communication is pretty frustrating.
Yea they added the last straw to the backs of a lot of folks who were letting AEV’s self-proscribed August release window be the deciding factor. I don’t blame anyone who has had it with the nonsense of advertising and missing their own releases, all while advertising and meeting the windows for pickup products in far less than 2.5-3 years. Huge slap in the face to so many loyal AEV customers who made the brand what it is.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
That’s not an answer that will keep people from jumping ship....let alone address the thousands who already have.
That’s a great answer! It instills confidence and communicates...”We will make no promises! We will have it to market when we get are $hit together! We don’t care about your segment, so hang in there and wait! We won’t make anymore commitments because we are now clueless and can’t predict when we can get anything to market!”

Way to ruining your reputation!

Sponsored

xj_scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It would seem hell has finally frozen over! Bumpers are now listed on their website. Inventory is low so they have a lottery system in place for the time being. Both bumpers are very expensive. But, if you're following an AEV thread and didn't expect expensive parts, you may be delusional.

xj_scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Also, for those concerned about airflow with the front bumper, here is AEV's response in their FAQ section, "No. We spent years (literally) developing and testing this bumper in a variety of ways and conditions to make sure this bumper would perform well and without compromise BEFORE it made it on the front of any customer owned vehicles. The RX Front Bumper has seen everything from the daily commute to high altitude rock crawling to a multi-day overland trip across the desert."

I appreciate them acknowledging the ridiculous amount of time it took to get this bumper out, even if their bumper related radio silence on the forums and social media has driven me insane.

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
It would seem hell has finally frozen over! Bumpers are now listed on their website. Inventory is low so they have a lottery system in place for the time being. Both bumpers are very expensive. But, if you're following an AEV thread and didn't expect expensive parts, you may be delusional.
Yeah, I got the email from them. Just a few weeks after ordering the Warn bumpers. I love the AEV, but that is a lot more than the Warn, so no regrets. Sorry AEV.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
It's unfortunate that the tire carrier does not work with the OEM steel bumpers. Previously, things were tight between Jeep and AEV. My 2016 Hard Rock even came from the factory with a (capped off) 3" hole pre-drilled in the rear bumper specifically to mount the AEV tire carrier. Are Jeep/AEV on the outs now?

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Whoa!! $5k for front and rear bumpers, hard pass. I can care less how great of quality they are.

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Wow, a lottery! How many of you want to take bets on how long this "lottery" is going to drag on? Looks like another year before anyone will see anything! What a joke! Can't deliver for 2 years and then setup a lottery to sell the bumpers to a select few. Geez aren't we lucky they are so generous!

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Wow, a lottery! How many of you want to take bets on how long this "lottery" is going to drag on? Looks like another year before anyone will see anything! What a joke! Can't deliver for 2 years and then setup a lottery to sell the bumpers to a select few. Geez aren't we lucky they are so generous!
Initially, I had the same suspicion. The details on their website indicate lottery is open until tomorrow. By Wednesday they will draw 20 lucky people. First 10 will get the first batch. 11-20 will get batch 2. No further details there after. Presumably first come first serve get in line. Also no specified dates of batch 1 and 2.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Even if they release batches weekly, they’ll be supplying at best 1% of the demand for the bumpers unless they start running more than 10 at a time out the door.

Last edited:

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
On top of that, these bumpers have been on the AEV builds since last February. They were being built and supplied before Corona, they just didn't allow any for individual sales. So, it isn't like they didn't have it built or it wasn't safe...these are USA made...I am sure there is a bigger market they were supporting rather an Jeeps. Looks like that is going to continue.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I am sure there is a bigger market they were supporting rather an Jeeps. Looks like that is going to continue.
Absolutely correct. When I bought my first AEV parts in 2011, they were a Jeeps only shop. Now Jeeps are (seemingly) a red-headed stepchild, and trucks rule the roost.

They've broken every business rule on how to accurately, but realistically communicate with customers. They bounced between overpromising and it's opposite, complete silence.
Sponsored