First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
All I want is the rear tire carrier that works with OEM steel bumpers. Not sure what AEV's struggle to release parts is, but it sure happened WAY before the pandemic. That said, get me a carrier, and all is forgiven. :)
Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I wonder when they will release products introduced over 2 years ago

already mvoed on from the front bumpr and went with a mopar steeel bumpr set up. still waiting on the rear bumper/tire carrier set up though
Yeah, this is ridiculous. I was all in on their front bumper but have since decided to go with the mopar steel. The design (other than the silly massive bar) isn't all that different and the mopar bumper will probably be 1/4 to 1/3 the price. Only waiting around as I expect the going rate to drop once the AEVs are available. Still, the first one I can find at $500 or less is mine.

AEV's communication on this one has been pretty disappointing. I guess they don't care with all that sweet Chevy money they're getting.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
JL saltas will be a late release this year, but they are happening. I’m pumped to see the steel wheels on some rigs.
Agreed on the steelies. Really want see them on some owners rigs. I’d love to see a set painted to match on a Gobi or Gator.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Agreed on the steelies. Really want see them on some owners rigs. I’d love to see a set painted to match on a Gobi or Gator.
With Mojave coming to JL I’m hoping Gobi is introduced for 2021. I’m holding out for that color

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Yeah, this is ridiculous. I was all in on their front bumper but have since decided to go with the mopar steel. The design (other than the silly massive bar) isn't all that different and the mopar bumper will probably be 1/4 to 1/3 the price. Only waiting around as I expect the going rate to drop once the AEVs are available. Still, the first one I can find at $500 or less is mine.

AEV's communication on this one has been pretty disappointing. I guess they don't care with all that sweet Chevy money they're getting.
Updates would be good

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Updates would be good
You know, that's the thing with them - they go dark. It's almost like they are so sure that they will be wrong in their forecasts that they've given up entirely. Remember when they were a nimble young company, innovative as can be? They've gotten fat/slow.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
You know, that's the thing with them - they go dark. It's almost like they are so sure that they will be wrong in their forecasts that they've given up entirely. Remember when they were a nimble young company, innovative as can be? They've gotten fat/slow.
I know Michigan has been shutdown so I’m cutting them some slack but it’s been 2.5 years and still not one bumper has been made available to the public haha. It’s a little odd

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't hold my breath on the steelies either. The next new wheel that's in their pipeline for later this year is the Salta for JL.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I know Michigan has been shutdown so I’m cutting them some slack but it’s been 2.5 years and still not one bumper has been made available to the public haha. It’s a little odd
Yes, exactly. It's okay if you set a date and don't make it, as long as there's a reasonable explanation. Then okay, sure, I get it.

They said they were having issues with the stamped boron steel at one point and wanting to get that right...but this bumper is not made out of that...so it's irrelevant.

I get COVID19 issues with production, but...it should already have been out...a looooooong time ago and this current economic enviironment should have only slowed down actual production lines (but again, the bumper should have already been out long before this).

Owning up to what's going on and why it's taken so long is all i ask. I bet you that whent hey come out with it they'll explain it, but that doesn't help me now. Like if you realistically don't think you'll have it until the end of this year maybe early 2021. Then just say it and let people decide what to do.

But they're not doing any of that and i feel like it's hurt their reputation and the confidence that people have in them that have been around a while.

Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, exactly. It's okay if you set a date and don't make it, as long as there's a reasonable explanation. Then okay, sure, I get it.

They said they were having issues with the stamped boron steel at one point and wanting to get that right...but this bumper is not made out of that...so it's irrelevant.

I get COVID19 issues with production, but...it should already have been out...a looooooong time ago and this current economic enviironment should have only slowed down actual production lines (but again, the bumper should have already been out long before this).

Owning up to what's going on and why it's taken so long is all i ask. I bet you that whent hey come out with it they'll explain it, but that doesn't help me now. Like if you realistically don't think you'll have it until the end of this year maybe early 2021. Then just say it and let people decide what to do.

But they're not doing any of that and i feel like it's hurt their reputation and the confidence that people have in them that have been around a while.
I’m curious as to where you got the information that the stubby bumper in production isn’t boron steel?

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't hold my breath on the steelies either. The next new wheel that's in their pipeline for later this year is the Salta for JL.
Check out fifteen52 analog HD, they are as good as the steelies if not better.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m curious as to where you got the information that the stubby bumper in production isn’t boron steel?
AEV. Not sur where i read it whether it was this forum, or another, or instagram or something, but they said that it was not. That could be wrong...but from my understanding, it's not.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
AEV. Not sur where i read it whether it was this forum, or another, or instagram or something, but they said that it was not. That could be wrong...but from my understanding, it's not.
It's not boron steel. It's not anything. It doesn't exist.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just to put the rumors to rest, it is boron steel, and it's on my Jeep.

The only difference from SEMA is that the bumper is not modular. There will be two versions, stubby and full width. The full width will be released later this year. Don't know when the standalone ones will be released. But right now, whatever bumpers they have are all going towards the packaged Jeeps.
Sponsored