c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Makes sense....Thanks !

I'm still interested in how one could order a new Jeep through AEV for the turnkey, instead of through an AEV Certified Jeep Dealer who then has the Jeep shipped from the plant directly to AEV for the turnkey build......
Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Makes sense....Thanks !

I'm still interested in how one could order a new Jeep through AEV for the turnkey, instead of through an AEV Certified Jeep Dealer who then has the Jeep shipped from the plant directly to AEV for the turnkey build......
Just contact them directly. Or try building the jeep you want on their website and submit the request. Probably, someone from their end will follow up on it.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Will do, not ready to purchase just yet...

johncmd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/24/2020-chevy-colorado-zr2-bison-off-road/

Just in case anyone was still wondering how it could take so long to bring JL parts to market...
Not sure them having other product lines has anything to do with it. I’m sure they would sell many more $2,500-3,000 JL bumper than Bison specialty vehicles for 17K a pop

I think the bumpers just aren’t ready- once the turnkey models start getting delivered the bumpers will be available

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Guess it's time to buy a Chevy Bison...

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Guess it's time to buy a Chevy Bison...
I like the zR2, but did not like the small tires, the new 2020 AEV Bisons with 35s are pretty nice.

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Had a ZR2, turned out to be a turd, for me. Gas motor had the same MPG as a full size w/ v8 and was gutless into a headwind. Cheap interior materials and the driver seat cover would not stay clipped on the bottom frame. Tires are too small for what Chevy is selling the package capabilities as.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Not sure them having other product lines has anything to do with it. I’m sure they would sell many more $2,500-3,000 JL bumper than Bison specialty vehicles for 17K a pop

I think the bumpers just aren’t ready- once the turnkey models start getting delivered the bumpers will be available
You’re right, they’re not ready. And a company with the resources of AEV is plenty capable of bringing such products to market in less than three years...except they won’t and part of that has to do with company expansion into many new model lines compared to the good ol days when they did Jeeps and Jeeps.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
You’re right, they’re not ready. And a company with the resources of AEV is plenty capable of bringing such products to market in less than three years...except they won’t and part of that has to do with company expansion into many new model lines compared to the good ol days when they did Jeeps and Jeeps.
I hope to have more info on where they are and when they plan on getting them to market...we will soon we running our of "Early 2020 and will be into the "Mid-Year of 2020" and still not bumpers. Hopefully it will happen soon!

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I hope to have more info on where they are and when they plan on getting them to market...we will soon we running our of "Early 2020 and will be into the "Mid-Year of 2020" and still not bumpers. Hopefully it will happen soon!
I was told March re the rear bumper and tire carrier. They’re putting them on turnkey builds right now so there’s no real excuse for going past March.

peteinny

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase