Sponsored

MilkSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
That's always the big debate: Do you buy a Sport, research for months and buy the parts you want, install it all yourself (maybe pay someone), or do you think that the engineers at Jeep might have more experience in figuring out what works well together when they put together the Rubicon?

That's how I view buying a stock Rubicon vs an AEV JL370.

They're definitely not cheap, especially after the nearly $3k price increase in January. I got my order (non-retro) in before that and mine is hopefully on a truck from Toledo to their facilities now.
That's the great thing about Jeeps, everyone has their own build in mind. So your'e getting it straight from AEV? Coming from a JK Sport to a Rubicon XR was wild for me. Yours is gonna be badass, I can only imagine
Sponsored

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon AEV Outfitted
Yea I don't understand these AEV builds, won't you save a ton of money piecing out the parts yourself?
Ive def spent over 10k on their products. I am pretty sure I would have saved more money sending it to them but man the satisfaction of building it yourself you just can't beat.

MilkSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Ive def spent over 10k on their products. I am pretty sure I would have saved more money sending it to them but man the satisfaction of building it yourself you just can't beat.
I just prefer the look of different parts. If I liked theirs I'd be blowing my money their instead. But yes, definitely love building it myself. If I could have all the parts now I'd leave it brand new and parked until I'm done.

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon AEV Outfitted
I just prefer the look of different parts. If I liked theirs I'd be blowing my money their instead. But yes, definitely love building it myself. If I could have all the parts now I'd leave it brand new and parked until I'm done.
I was going that route of different parts but then I stumbled upon a little company called AEV and I could not take my eyes off of their builds.
I started with just the front bumper then the wheels...then the rear bumper, then the dif covers..etc
I have a mild case of ocd so I needed everything to match; AEV

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

That's the great thing about Jeeps, everyone has their own build in mind. So your'e getting it straight from AEV? Coming from a JK Sport to a Rubicon XR was wild for me. Yours is gonna be badass, I can only imagine
Yep. If you get it as a turnkey vehicle the warranty on the parts jumps from 1y/12k to 3y/36k. Resale also goes up quite a bit.

They upgraded their suspension after I ordered mine, so I adjusted my order to include their 3" Bilstein reservoir system. Ideally it'll have decent articulation as well as being good for overlanding. Hopefully a decent rocklander.

I've driven one of their diesel JL370s in Vegas and was blown away by how well it drove (especially considering the 37s). 4.56 gears, 37s, and the diesel seems to be a great combo.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Yep. If you get it as a turnkey vehicle the warranty on the parts jumps from 1y/12k to 3y/36k. Resale also goes up quite a bit.

They upgraded their suspension after I ordered mine, so I adjusted my order to include their 3" Bilstein reservoir system. Ideally it'll have decent articulation as well as being good for overlanding. Hopefully a decent rocklander.

I've driven one of their diesel JL370s in Vegas and was blown away by how well it drove (especially considering the 37s). 4.56 gears, 37s, and the diesel seems to be a great combo.
They actually get built/modified by AEV? I alway assumed it’s a package that is shipped and installed at the dealer. I thought that, because I can order the package for my Jeep for like $20k and assumed that included labor. I thought about it doing that initially… I at the least, regret buying all Road Armor bumpers and wish I went AEV.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

They actually get built/modified by AEV? I alway assumed it’s a package that is shipped and installed at the dealer. I thought that, because I can order the package for my Jeep for like $20k and assumed that included labor. I thought about it doing that initially… I at the least, regret buying all Road Armor bumpers and wish I went AEV.
Correct. If you order it though a dealer it goes directly from the Toledo factory to AEV. By the time I see it it'll already have the Warn winch, three sets of lights, 10g fuel caddy, etc. installed.

If the dealer (or you) install it you only get a 1y/12k warranty and it doesn't have the numbered AEV stamp / seal on it. That has a direct impact on resale value, especially in the AEV community that seems to worship these things.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Correct. If you order it though a dealer it goes directly from the Toledo factory to AEV. By the time I see it it'll already have the Warn winch, three sets of lights, 10g fuel caddy, etc. installed.

If the dealer (or you) install it you only get a 1y/12k warranty and it doesn't have the numbered AEV stamp / seal on it. That has a direct impact on resale value, especially in the AEV community that seems to worship these things.
How does finance work? Does it have a special window sticker where banks recognize them?

I heard some older used Saleens Roush have a hard time because of that; banks view them as regular Mustang.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor

This is very similar to my Callaway Z06. The Callaway pkg was $25k, and people always comment, "well I can bolt on a supercharger for way less, and make more power." Sure, anyone can cobble together parts and make a lot of power. However, the Callaway comes with a full factory warranty, maintains the original vehicle warranty, and has their 35 years expertise of building fast, reliable cars. Plus, as you indicated, resale value is much better than a cobbled together build. :like:

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

How does finance work? Does it have a special window sticker where banks recognize them?

I heard some older used Saleens Roush have a hard time because of that; banks view them as regular Mustang.
Yes, it has a special window sticker, but I haven't dealt with financing yet. We'll see!

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
That’s awesome. Just awesome. I want one.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Needs the Quadratec Retro wheels.
I wanted those, but they don’t have enough backspace for a lift.
Sponsored