JurassicJeep12

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmotorpool.com
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler (Leslie), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Land Raider)
Occupation
Warehouse Manager
Vehicle Showcase
How did the finishes match between the brands? I can’t find a manufacturer that makes both a front and rear bumper I like, so I’ll probably end up with different brands. The Warn Elite rear is one I’m looking at.
I don't get my Jeep back for another week. Ask me again later.
Sponsored

Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I’m curious about Rugged Ridgid’s teasing of their bumper.
upload_2019-8-2_11-35-26.jpeg

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
I am a die-hard AEV fan.....Luckily I'm not in a hurry to pull the trigger. I do believe that the wait will be worth it.

Does anyone know if the front facing camera will be mandatory like the rear or an option ?

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
upload_2019-9-5_20-21-1.png

If that’s still the case, chances are they will have some seriously concrete release timing at SEMA ‘19.

upload_2019-9-5_20-21-1.jpeg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I went ahead and got the Mopar LED lights to go with my steel bumpers. I'm done waiting.

Time to go have fun and see where I can go. ./wave

Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
Went to the AEV open House yesterday. This is what I was told to expect

1) Bumpers are early 2020 they had to tweak the design something to do with being overbuilt. I asked about the front facing trail camera and if a relocation bracket or lower hoop was in the works. No official word.
2) LED driving lights around November.
3) JT suspension is about complete, waiting on vendors. Possibly by December

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went to the AEV open House yesterday. This is what I was told to expect

1) Bumpers are early 2020 they had to tweak the design something to do with being overbuilt. I asked about the front facing trail camera and if a relocation bracket or lower hoop was in the works. No official word.
2) LED driving lights around November.
3) JT suspension is about complete, waiting on vendors. Possibly by December
When Jeep gets a diesel variant to market before AEV sells a single JL bumper, you can bet the non-wrangler-related projects have sapped R&D resources.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
When Jeep gets a diesel variant to market before AEV sells a single JL bumper, you can bet the non-wrangler-related projects have sapped R&D resources.
Has a lot to do with supplier timelines updating dies and tooling than is does with AEV R&D resources. Industrial manufacturing has never been known for fast turn around times.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has a lot to do with supplier timelines updating dies and tooling than is does with AEV R&D resources. Industrial manufacturing has never been known for fast turn around times.
And every other manufacturer of these aftermarket products just happened to stumble upon suppliers that get the job done within less than half AEV’s time to market? Even AEV says they take longer because they test their prototypes more comprehensively than others. The only way to get the same level of testing done in less time is to throw more R&D resources at the job, which are apparently not available. Hence my comment.

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
And every other manufacturer of these aftermarket products just happened to stumble upon suppliers that get the job done within less than half AEV’s time to market? Even AEV says they take longer because they test their prototypes more comprehensively than others. The only way to get the same level of testing done in less time is to throw more R&D resources at the job, which are apparently not available. Hence my comment.
AEV has a stamped bumper. That takes significantly more time and resources to produce, especially if it has to be done twice. Most of the other suppliers have a cut, bent, and welded bumper. I think those are way too angular and the AEV bumper looks way better. The only other stamped bumper I've seen is the Rugged Ridge one, which just came out.
Sponsored