Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Where can i buy this aev full width rear bumper with tire carrier also this would fit 2019 jeep wrangler jl right?
You’ll probably want to read the posts on this thread amigo
Sponsored

Nixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Where can i buy this aev full width rear bumper with tire carrier also this would fit 2019 jeep wrangler jl right?
This thread has been waiting 2 years (almost) for these bumpers with no hope in sight. Pretty much your only option for finding one would be to trade your JL for an brand new AEV dealer edition, or get lucky finding a wrecked AEV edition that you could salvage off of (e.g. a unicorn).
I gave up and got the LOD Destroyer rear, lots of easy to swap accessories.

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Last I called AEV they said they were targeting end of September, first week of October for the release. I was excited after the call that the deadline would be hit and we would finally get what we've been waiting for but I failed to ask one very important question. Which year. I have had the money sitting aside for these for a year and change now just waiting for the moment to submit my order. The frustration is real.

Last edited:

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Still no bumpers on their website, but I do see they added the snorkel...pretty sure thats new

Sponsored

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
How are people inquiring to AEV about the bumper, I cant submit a query on the website as its not an option for JL, and you're limited to the available items when you ask a question.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How are people inquiring to AEV about the bumper, I cant submit a query on the website as its not an option for JL, and you're limited to the available items when you ask a question.
You just don't anymore. It's hopeless. It's been over 2.5 years, and multiple dates have been set - and missed. And there's zero clarity or transparency from AEV, which is sad - love their products, and i'd be okay with it if they said hey, look we have issues with ____ and ____ and it's taking a bit of time for us to figure out. We intend to have it done by February 2021.

So at least we freakin know what's going on - because in my opinion it's worse not to share what's going on at this point than it is to keep it secret. And at this point, 2.5 years after showing it, you can't hide it anymore that clearly you're having issues somewhere - so it's not like it's no surprise. And then if you're not - what the heck is going on? What is it that you are awaiting for AEV?

But the lack of communication - multiple times saying when they will be released and missing the mark - i mean...this isn't anything new - it's easy to keep the same material and just make it work for the JL and produce it. They have been doing it for a long time - so this isn't rocket science here. It's not the boron steel, so what possibly could be happening if they're able to manufacture e v e r y t h i n g else without issues and be sending out turnkey AEV JL's no problem? So frustrating.

Because I'm in no rush, i think I'm going to give it until the end of the year. If not, then I'm moving on because as much as I love AEV products and respect how they do things and why they do things the way they do...this is not that. It's morphed into just an ongoing joke. Too much time has passed to be having issues with bumpers with the same material that you've been producing a nearly identical bumper for a previous model for over a decade.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
In my opinion, it's clear they have a finished and ready product. As others have mentioned, they are putting the bumpers on full Jeep builds and send them out to dealers. (or sending kits to dealers to install).

I personally suspect AEV's leadership has made changes in their plans based on the direction of their corporate/company strategy. Right now it's evident they have a lot of parts ready for the JL, but they want to keep their turn key packages exclusive. If they start selling the individual parts, the packages begin to lose their appeal. Based on their IG posts, it's clear there's plenty of dealerships across the US that are optioning vehicles on the lot with these packages. Until that demand goes away, they are probably staying unspoken about releasing the rear bumper to keep their options open.

Looking at AEV's marketing, it's clear they don't want to be a parts company. They want to be a "build" company.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Looking at AEV's marketing, it's clear they don't want to be a parts company. They want to be a "build" company.
I agree, plus they seem to be changing their focus from Jeeps to trucks. AEV was formed after the founder did an MBA project on modifying Jeeps. Their current behavior could also be a case study, but this time not a positive one.

Lapis

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
On all the turn-key builds I've seen, I haven't seen a single one with the full width front bumper wings. I asked if they came with them on AEVs FB Feed and got no response.

Probably not, but maybe they have an issue with those and don't want to go to market without them? Or maybe I'm just way to hopeful...

Sponsored

Humthis04

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I had a TJ Rubicon setup by AEV and have always like AEV stuff. I spoke to some guys at AEV few months ago about several things and did ask about the JL bumpers; the response was to expect the rear bumper to be ready and/or released first, but the issue with the front bumper was the crash test rating or crash performance. The rear bumper is supposed to fix the plastic clearance issues in the back and basically resemble the JK. From the conversation, I got the impression that we would see the rear bumper about this time and the front hopefully in early 2021. I've been set on the AEV bumper(s), or at least for the front to replace the useless plastic bumper I have now. The reality is I would rather have the AEV front bumper regardless of the crash rating over what I have now, and most of what I see for alternatives is garbage and/or ugly. I want a full coverage bumper that protects the fenders from sliding into stuff or clipping elk/deer, and can take a rock hit or can lean against a tree to winch... the idea of a crash rating for a Jeep lifted on 37's is probably a fools errand. There can't be enough real world scenarios where the bumper is going to change the outcome considering the variables in a high speed crash. ... and here I wait, but not for too many more months.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I had a TJ Rubicon setup by AEV and have always like AEV stuff. I spoke to some guys at AEV few months ago about several things and did ask about the JL bumpers; the response was to expect the rear bumper to be ready and/or released first, but the issue with the front bumper was the crash test rating or crash performance. The rear bumper is supposed to fix the plastic clearance issues in the back and basically resemble the JK. From the conversation, I got the impression that we would see the rear bumper about this time and the front hopefully in early 2021. I've been set on the AEV bumper(s), or at least for the front to replace the useless plastic bumper I have now. The reality is I would rather have the AEV front bumper regardless of the crash rating over what I have now, and most of what I see for alternatives is garbage and/or ugly. I want a full coverage bumper that protects the fenders from sliding into stuff or clipping elk/deer, and can take a rock hit or can lean against a tree to winch... the idea of a crash rating for a Jeep lifted on 37's is probably a fools errand. There can't be enough real world scenarios where the bumper is going to change the outcome considering the variables in a high speed crash. ... and here I wait, but not for too many more months.
thanks for the informative info. The idea of them actually conducting crash test ratings never occurred to me. Regardless, just current info on progress would be helpful for those of us deciding to continue to wait or find other alternatives. I also saw they released bumpers only for a dodge truck today. That possibly debunks my theory on them not releasing individual parts to ensure the integrity of their whole vehicle builds.

I also agree with you they are the only company that produces bumpers that look nice (subjective). I’m not a fan of the typical mad max, demolition derby steel “armor” style bumpers. AEV actually puts nice cosmetic detail into theirs.

Humthis04

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
thanks for the informative info. The idea of them actually conducting crash test ratings never occurred to me. Regardless, just current info on progress would be helpful for those of us deciding to continue to wait or find other alternatives. I also saw they released bumpers only for a dodge truck today. That possibly debunks my theory on them not releasing individual parts to ensure the integrity of their whole vehicle builds.

I also agree with you they are the only company that produces bumpers that look nice (subjective). I’m not a fan of the typical mad max, demolition derby steel “armor” style bumpers. AEV actually puts nice cosmetic detail into theirs.
Welcome. Agreed on the "mad max" remark.

In any case, I can certainly respect AEV for not selling sub-par products as a lot of manufacturers do.... at the same time there's just a degree of impatience we have to swallow!

Nixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Since their site seems to be slammed:
Lottery drawing for the ability to purchase.

Front Bumper: $1800
Skid Plate: $365
Winch Mount: $170
No-winch cover plate: $155
Skid Plate light bar mount $29
Off road lighting kit: $29
Lic Plate kit: $45

Rear Bumper: $1100
Tire Carrier: $989
Splash Guards: $145
Light mounting kit: $20
Fule caddy: $350