Sponsored

AEV JL Wrangler Products & Builds [SEMA 2018 - JLWF Coverage]

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV JL Wrangler Products & Builds [SEMA 2018 - JLWF Coverage] 1590131328590

Pulled from AEV’s IG story...two more fully outfitted JL370s with the rear bumper, tire carrier and fuel caddy. The more of these turnkey builds I see completed with the bumpers and no access to the same parts for us plebs, the more annoyed I get.
Sponsored

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The more builds they make the closer we'll get to production stock, I hope. I really want the rear bumper.

Parratt

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD, 1988 MJ, 2010 XK (Sold)
Is there any word on when the Front Bumper will be on offer?

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any word on when the Front Bumper will be on offer?
I've lost all hope at this point. It's been over 2 years since it was introduced and nothing. Not a word, AEV hasn't even set a date and apologized for missing it, haven't explained anything of what's going on aside from people saying that "well AEV guy said this date" or "this other guy from AEV said that they were having issues with _____"

It's all just a big confusion and AEV hasn't done anything to step to the plate and atleast announce something. Hell, i'd be okay with them coming out and saying "we will have htem ready for Summer of 2022 and not before".

OKay, great, at least we know. Wishful thinking

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
I've lost all hope at this point. It's been over 2 years since it was introduced and nothing. Not a word, AEV hasn't even set a date and apologized for missing it, haven't explained anything of what's going on aside from people saying that "well AEV guy said this date" or "this other guy from AEV said that they were having issues with _____"

It's all just a big confusion and AEV hasn't done anything to step to the plate and atleast announce something. Hell, i'd be okay with them coming out and saying "we will have htem ready for Summer of 2022 and not before".

OKay, great, at least we know. Wishful thinking
So frustrating, especially considering that they DO have a front and a rear bumper for the JL, but it's only offered on their conversions: https://www.aev-conversions.com/vehicles/jl-wrangler/. Why they won't sell these separately is just weird.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe they’ll release some Bronco mods before the front bumper is sold outside of their turnkey builds :CWL:
something similar to that is likely why the bumpers aren’t out. The Bison. Pretty sure they just completely dropped all JL product development aside and focused on the Bison and went after the large payday they got from Chevy. they have been so focused on that that JL products have been nearly non existent and very slow to come to the market.

again I get it, they are a business and are trying to make the most they can. Can’t argue with that. However, I am not happy with how they’ve just completely gone silent about it. Any business knows what’s going on and can accurately project production dates and inventory. If they make that target,great. If they don’t, they own up to it and put a new target date in place. They likely are doing that internally, but to be completely silent to those patiently waiting for the release of products they want, over 2 years after showing it to the public, to me is pathetic and I’m very close to go with another rear bumper and tire carrier. I already gave up on the front bumper and love the setup i have now on the front. the rear bumper is up next and about to just give up on AEV altogether.

i do like their stuff, as it is top of the line, but to me this is ridiculous and poor customer loyalty.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
something similar to that is likely why the bumpers aren’t out. The Bison. Pretty sure they just completely dropped all JL product development aside and focused on the Bison and went after the large payday they got from Chevy. they have been so focused on that that JL products have been nearly non existent and very slow to come to the market.

again I get it, they are a business and are trying to make the most they can. Can’t argue with that. However, I am not happy with how they’ve just completely gone silent about it. Any business knows what’s going on and can accurately project production dates and inventory. If they make that target,great. If they don’t, they own up to it and put a new target date in place. They likely are doing that internally, but to be completely silent to those patiently waiting for the release of products they want, over 2 years after showing it to the public, to me is pathetic and I’m very close to go with another rear bumper and tire carrier. I already gave up on the front bumper and love the setup i have now on the front. the rear bumper is up next and about to just give up on AEV altogether.

i do like their stuff, as it is top of the line, but to me this is ridiculous and poor customer loyalty.
I am not familiar with Boron Steel, or how many companies work with it. However I read the Bronco is using it on a few items as well, so maybe there is a shortage or delay due to COVID.

I do agree they should at least let everyone know what's going on. Just remaining silent is not helping anyone and may be driving customers away.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The funny thing about that is Chevy sells roughly half as many colorados as Jeep sells wranglers. Of those half, far fewer as a percentage are seriously modified compared to Jeeps. AEV let the largest mod market in the world take a back seat to a Colorado pay day and some minor ram projects. Nonetheless, give them August. If they fail to come through on their publicly stated rear bumper/carrier release in August, plenty of us will be writing them off permanently.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The funny thing about that is Chevy sells roughly half as many colorados as Jeep sells wranglers. Of those half, far fewer as a percentage are seriously modified compared to Jeeps. AEV let the largest mod market in the world take a back seat to a Colorado pay day and some minor ram projects. Nonetheless, give them August. If they fail to come through on their publicly stated rear bumper/carrier release in August, plenty of us will be writing them off permanently.
yup.

and what is this publicly announced August date that you speak of??

Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I waited for quite a while and have given up on AEV. I converted from a plastic to metal OEM bumpers for $700 total. I’ll spend another $500 on accessories and have something that, for my purpose, is functional equivalent to the AEV stuff for likely 1/3 the price.

Their lack of communication has been absurd.

Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
It’s Aug anything on the bumpers??
Sponsored