First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Also, anyone catch the weight of each of the new AEV wheels?
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Asked on AEV on Twitter when and at what price their bumpers will be available. They would only say 2019 and the price hasn't been determined.

I can wait a bit longer but I want a new bumper and winch on my JL before spring.

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
I can wait a bit longer but I want a new bumper and winch on my JL before spring.
Yeah, I’m in the same boat. That’s one of the issues with SEMA. All of the new cool stuff makes you want it but then it’s not actually for sale for months. I got plastic bumpers so I’ll need to replace them before I go wheeling. Waiting for parts will make the Minnesota winter seem that much longer.

PunknPi

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito 2.0
These borah wheels say +25mm offset, but the AEV site says +4mm? When you order from their site it doesn't give you an option to choose. Big difference, Id much rather have the +4.

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
These borah wheels say +25mm offset, but the AEV site says +4mm? When you order from their site it doesn't give you an option to choose. Big difference, Id much rather have the +4.
Are you sure you are looking at the JL specific wheels? ... IIRC, +4 Borah is the JK wheel. Based on SEMA interviews, it sounded like all the JL wheels will be +25mm.

Sponsored

PunknPi

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito 2.0
Are you sure you are looking at the JL specific wheels? ... IIRC, +4 Borah is the JK wheel. Based on SEMA interviews, it sounded like all the JL wheels will be +25mm.
You're right.. thanks for that

tjeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 TJ, '24 392
Does anyone know if they are designing the tire carrier to work with their fuel caddy? I need to figure out a way to carry fuel on trips and right now the options are pretty limited. I can wait for the bumper if so, if not I'll move on with something else.

Nixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if they are designing the tire carrier to work with their fuel caddy? I need to figure out a way to carry fuel on trips and right now the options are pretty limited. I can wait for the bumper if so, if not I'll move on with something else.
First page of this thread, 8th photo down, side shot of the yellow JLU you can see some kind of carrier behind the spare. I assume that will be a fuel carrier.

tjeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 TJ, '24 392
Thanks. I was scanning through their Instagram pictures and there is a clear shot of it from the right side. Decisions.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I dunno, I would rather save and buy the good stuff than skimp and regret it later.
AEV makes nice well engineered product, however don’t draw a correlation between it being the most expensive to it being the best.

Having said that’s, their rear bumper is the best engineered option I’ve seen that integrates the license plate. I’m guessing I’ll need to sell a kidney or a spleen for it...

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
AEV makes nice well engineered product, however don’t draw a correlation between it being the most expensive to it being the best.

Having said that’s, their rear bumper is the best engineered option I’ve seen that integrates the license plate. I’m guessing I’ll need to sell a kidney or a spleen for it...
Never, but they talk and present a good game.

I like the corner protection of the rear bumper and how it ties into the frame. I also like the step and wonder how that's going to hold the license plate as well or do they intend for you to relocate the plate to the spare? Lots of pluses in the rear bumper and carrier. The front bumper is a mixed bag for me though. Not a fan of the hoop or lights blocking airflow. I do love the protected lower light bar though. We will see.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Never, but they talk and present a good game.

.... Not a fan of the hoop or lights blocking airflow. I do love the protected lower light bar though. We will see.
I don't think there is much Risk of the bumper blocking airflow, especially with that fan the JL has installed. I'm amazed we don't see small children and pets being sucked into the grill with how loud and powerful that thing is.

2735256-jet-intake-warning.jpg

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

What are the odds of AEV offering a basket above the spare tire? Have they ever sold anything like that before?

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
What are the odds of AEV offering a basket above the spare tire? Have they ever sold anything like that before?
Slim and none and Slim left town.

They have never made a product like this in the past, and I wouldn't expect it for the future either. Their solution for additional cargo carrying capability is a cargo rack mounted on the hard top roof.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Slim and none and Slim left town.

They have never made a product like this in the past, and I wouldn't expect it for the future either. Their solution for additional cargo carrying capability is a cargo rack mounted on the hard top roof.
50A56418-E0BC-4C39-B28D-1277AF019715.jpeg
Sponsored