First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Wondering if there are any known weights for the bumpers.

I'd like to know if they are heavier or lighter than the Mopar steel bumpers, and by how much. :movember:
Sponsored

MeepMeep!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Telluride
@JAY ! Get us the paint code for the blue 2 door! :rock:
As someone really disappointed by how purple Ocean Blue looks in person in 75% of all lighting conditions, I'd be cracking my checkbook open if AEV's blue was available from FCA. What kind of timing should we expect if any additional colors (other than Bikini) are going to be announced for the 2019s?

Finnmalloy

First Name
Finn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 jeep grand cherokee limited 2000 Volkswagen 2018 jl 2 door sport
Does anybody know what size tires the blue jeep is running? Btw those 2 jeeps are probably my favorite Sema built Jls and as soon as I get mine it will be running mostly AEV parts for sure.

Finnmalloy

First Name
Finn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 jeep grand cherokee limited 2000 Volkswagen 2018 jl 2 door sport
As someone really disappointed by how purple Ocean Blue looks in person in 75% of all lighting conditions, I'd be cracking my checkbook open if AEV's blue was available from FCA. What kind of timing should we expect if any additional colors (other than Bikini) are going to be announced for the 2019s?
To be honest, I would be expecting them to be announced around the LA or New York Auto Show as a late model year color if there is going to be any more.I'm pretty sure bikini is a late model year color too and it would be great if it was more like this blue than teal.If its more of a teal I my self-hope they add more color because it would be disappointing for teal to replace mojito.#bringbacknacho

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Does anybody know what size tires the blue jeep is running? Btw those 2 jeeps are probably my favorite Sema built Jls and as soon as I get mine it will be running mostly AEV parts for sure.
This is what I was able to tease out of the back tire photo on the blue AEV JL.

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 9.38.23 AM.jpg

Sponsored

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Wondering if there are any known weights for the bumpers.

I'd like to know if they are heavier or lighter than the Mopar steel bumpers, and by how much. :movember:
Up vote this request. Ive been doing marketing launches for 33 years so its interesting and frustrating to watch how these manufacturers are missing some basic marketing 101 opportunities.
Take a cue from the watch industry. The day Baselworld announcements come out:
There is the expo at the show but at same time there are multiple things that happen that same day.
There's a PR release with details.
There is a microsite with pics and specs that goes live.
They tell you price in USD and when availability is likely to happen.
They offer some special access to reporters in advance with embargos until announcements go live, but when they do go live, the publication or blog releases its review that day or the next.
Some even have a pre-order system set up and others don't.
Some create wish list CRM systems that keep you excited about the product until its ready so you don't go buy something else.

Drive sticky demand that weathers competition when the products are not going to be released for awhile.

threeve

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Code Monkey
I think that color is just "Hydro Blue Pearl-Coat" that's available on the Cherokee Trailhawk and maybe some other FCA vehicles. I would have bought that color without hesitation if they had put it on the wrangler.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if anyone saw this video yet, but it briefly goes over the technology used in AEV's use of Boron Steel.
Based on the skid plate they show in the video, it looks like they can get the same strength as standard steel, with 1/3 to 1/4 the weight. I hope that also applies to the upcoming bumpers.

sjl136

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Willys 2dr, ‘90 YJ, '22 4Runner
I think that color is just "Hydro Blue Pearl-Coat" that's available on the Cherokee Trailhawk and maybe some other FCA vehicles. I would have bought that color without hesitation if they had put it on the wrangler.
I seem to recall the blue being referred to as New Holland Blue in one of the videos. FCA offers that color on RAM pickups for the agriculture market, but I don't know if it is the same paint code as Hydro Blue. I'm thinking similar, but with less or no pearl.

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

No idea. But it looks so great that if I didn’t already have one I’d find out the paint details from AEV then buy a white one and paint it. :sun:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I absolutely love my Ocean Blue JLU, but DAAAAMN that AEV Blue is stunning.

Natelee

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Ford Raptor
They mentioned on a live video that the old JK bumper was about 120 pounds (full width), without a winch but with the winch plate.

The JL version is about 20 pounds lighter but much stronger due to the use of boron steel in certain places.

So about 100 pounds — the grille bar is aluminum (and hollow for the light wiring), the main bumper is stamped steel and I think the protection underneath is boron steel.
Sponsored